Muppets The corner of the UK & Ireland where muppetry happens. Totally off topic, word association, useless stuff and general messing about.

The 'why won't these fit' thread

Old 07-21-2015, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will medium tights from tesco fit over the throttle body? I'm going to take a punt tomorrow but haven't decided what size. I've heard that small works well but I want to get as much air in as possible, large would definitely be overkill though. I've ordered an "every little helps" sticker to put on the inlet afterwards if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by japcrap
Will medium tights from tesco fit over the throttle body? I'm going to take a punt tomorrow but haven't decided what size. I've heard that small works well but I want to get as much air in as possible, large would definitely be overkill though. I've ordered an "every little helps" sticker to put on the inlet afterwards if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by japcrap
Jesus, you kids know nothing about performance mods! Use pop socks - tights use way too much fabric - needless weight to haul around!
Old 07-28-2015, 02:19 AM

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

Mrs AndyS2000 is always complaining about here hair getting messed up when the roof is down.

I'm thinking of fitting a headscarf or hat to her head to help with this issue. I can see the relative advantages of a hat, in that it will also provide some sun protection but am not sure about the reducued visibility caused by a wide brim.

what do other users fit to their passangers and what are the pros and cons of each ?
Old 07-28-2015, 04:24 AM

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

I heard you need to move the front wheel onto the rear axle and fit the towing eye before attempting to put any passenger in boot. Sounds like a bit of a faff, but I like the outcome on this one.

How to you cope with the blood in the boot Mike as I've heard all your passengers are rescued from the abbotior
Old 07-28-2015, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by andy2000
I heard you need to move the front wheel onto the rear axle and fit the towing eye before attempting to put any passenger in boot. Sounds like a bit of a faff, but I like the outcome on this one.

How to you cope with the blood in the boot Mike as I've heard all your passengers are rescued from the abbotior
I don't know what you mean by "blood"? Unless you are talking about the complimentary red lube.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by mikefifth
I don't know what you mean by "blood"? Unless you are talking about the complimentary red lube.
You're like a modern Burke or Hare, although it's your mind that fascinates the medical research community, rather than the bodies you steal per se.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fatbloke
You're like a modern Burke or Hare, although it's your mind that fascinates the medical research community, rather than the bodies you steal per se.
I can never understand why, they tend to be a little worse for wear once I've had my fill.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fatbloke' timestamp='1438093814' post='23695542
I can never understand why, they tend to be a little worse for wear once I've had my fill.
Phew, thought for a moment you meant Phil, not fill. Fecking crapped myself!
Old 07-28-2015, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by S2K-Phil
Phew, thought for a moment you meant Phil, not fill. Fecking crapped myself!
He does refer to you as 'my Phil' though.

Quick Reply: The 'why won't these fit' thread