Nevada S2000 Owners Las Vegas, Nevada and area

s2k oil line help please

Old 04-06-2007, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s2k oil line help please

I posted on the forum o my buds from flat4lv, so I'll post up here the link...i hope someone can give me insight

http://flat4lv.com/smf/index.php/topic,14005.0.html

thanks!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Warning!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Please login below or register an account with Flat4 Las Vegas.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:20 PM

haha ok oops. I'll copy paste :

As some of you know, I have had an oil problem in my S2000, and I was not able to get a line from comptech. I also needed an "oil jet" paxton calls it...which is a part that is used to spray oil onto the supercharger's gears. Long story short, paxton only sells the oil jet with a MALE fitting to go to the oil line, where the oil line is female. The house of Hose gave me an adapter, that made the system work. However, now the hood can't close all the way. Photos below show you how the adapter raises the assembly just enough for it to block the hood. The bottom picture doesnt really show how high it really is.

#1 is the oil line female fitting
#2 is the adapter with male fittings on both ends
#3 is the oil jet(basically the male fitting you see, and beneath it where it goes into the blower, it has a long nozzle to squirt oil with.

I need to somehow make this work..and my thoughts are that I would either need to
1 : find an oil jet that would fit the blower that has the correct head to match the oil line,
2 : have the oil jet machined to fit the male fitting of the oil line,
3: have the end of the oil line lopped off and a fitting put on that would fit the male oil jet
4. etc etc...I just want it to fit, and not to be so high lol

fyi, the end of the oil line is the kind with that angled cup inside it where the other end would be a dome shape..and when you tighten the nut it pushes the cup against the dome to make a tight fit.

...OR...can that elbow even be bent, or anything to make it lower and still work well? this is driving me insane. i only drive the car short distances, and only to places that i wont be leaving the car for more than a minute because the hood is likely unsafe at highway speeds Mad thanks!!

Old 04-06-2007, 02:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Cut the hood where it isn't closing?!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Wow that blows.

I don't have a clue but does the Vortech kit have anything similar you might be able to adapt? If I remember correctly they use the same Novi blower.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:32 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Paxton is owned by Vortech, so you should be able to get a fitting from them.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:40 PM

I would just have the oil line modified or could put a 90 bend where the adapter is and have the oil go straight into the 90..
Old 04-06-2007, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by dms2k,Apr 6 2007, 02:40 PM
I would just have the oil line modified or could put a 90 bend where the adapter is and have the oil go straight into the 90..
yeah vortech..paxton is who i ordered the new oil jet from that was male. I did ask them if they sell one with the male end on top but they don't.

About the idea of getting the oil line modded :

Can the oil line be modded such that it doesn't use that cup line thing inside it anymore and made leakproof?

about making a 90 degree bend at the adapter :

I think I understand, but I am having trouble visualizing it..

I wonder if the House of Hose can modify the line to have a female end that would be tight with the oil jet. Maybe my first thing to try is to ask the house of hose if that is possible. I'd hate to keep removing the line from the car though..I'm afraid the end that goes to the fitting at the VTEC mounting block is going to go bad if i keep doing that..then I think I'll be in deeper trouble. that's probably a unique piece. I'll let all the great minds think some more on this before I act though
Old 04-17-2007, 10:09 AM

All done!! I went to the So-Cal speed shop on Desert Inn and they gave me a 90 degree aluminum fitting with one end flared, so that it fits in from the side and not the top. Worked like a charm!!!