New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Anybody want to have a car club?

Old 12-04-2008, 08:14 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Anybody want to have a car club?

The New England region of this site does not really seem to be about the S2000 or even cars anymore. Folks are free to talk about any stuff they want of course, but I was wondering if anyone here really wanted to have a car club. It would be great if there was a group of us that did some car related meets over the winter.

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, be it NES2KO, the S2Ki club, the Secret Meet Club, or any other group or member. I'm just not interested in the drama anymore. NES2KO isn't doing anything. The S2Ki club never did anything, and I'm not talking about a social club that meets for dinner, movies and Saturday night parties. There is nothing wrong with that of course, and I really don't mean to insult those who only want a social club. But I'd just like to go to some car related events with a group of car people.

One idea I had was that people who are really interested in doing some car stuff could PM me their e-mail address. I would create a master e-mail list and share it with everone who was truly interested in this idea. We could discuss and plan some events by e-mail and then just post an announcement on here in case we think there are any other people who are interested in doing car stuff.

I'm open to other ideas too. Some of you may have seen some comments about S2kca. Maybe we could use that site for car related meets and just use this site for the social chit chat and nonesense. It isn't like people can't continue to participate on here, and i'm not trying to take people away, just find a way to discuss some car events in peace.

Anyway, let me know what you think and feel free to send me your e-mail if you want to be included. Please don't be discouraged by any attacks that this thread may draw. My hope is to try and find a way out of all the drama with a group that would like to do car stuff. I'll be on the road tomorrow, so I may not post much again until Sunday. Thanks for reading.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There will be no attacks in this thread bill

to quote our past presidential debates

we have fundamental differences because you say this place has become a "social" club and not a car club - to me they are one in the same

a tech day is a social event, a drive is a social event, a trip to the auto show is a social event, the banter on this board is a social experiment

if you could please explain what you think is missing from the current dynamic maybe people could have a better idea of what you feel you are missing or what you have in mind for a new club.

I know you have mentioned insurance in the past and it is my understanding that you did obtain that - so again i am at a lose to understand what you think is missing

This place has always been a car club - if someone wants to do a car meet - all they have to do is post that they are hosting a meet again be it a drive, a dinner, a tech day, a ding day, movie night anything at all and people will show up. no one has ever taken away or prevented you or anyone for that matter from talking about "car" stuff here and we are all respectful so that if the OP posts something and says lets keep this thread on topic may do.

if you mean a formal organization with bylaws, dues, structured levels of bureaucracy (ie others have a greater say because they pay more or are in a position because they "know someone") that was set up in the past. i'll say no i don't need that. these times have changed but the structure and the purpose has not changed to reflect the new people, and new ideas that are brought to the table

as a side note, i would be very cautious to say you want to move a section of this membership base to s2kca - i think the admin of s2ki would be very disappointed if they knew you want to "support" a competitive website given the history between the two sites
Old 12-05-2008, 03:46 AM

Steve, I disagree with your view of how things are on this forum but I really didn't start this thread to start a discussion about the way things are or how they used to be or how they should be. Those who know what I'm talking about and agree with me are free to send their e-mail address and we can start a discussion. Those who think everything is fine are free to carry on as usual. No rules, no change, no drama.

I have no intention of starting a formal organization. There are plenty of opportunities now for people to join organizations. I would just like a way to talk to some of the people I know here about doing some car related meets.

S2ki has no rules that I am aware of that prohibit members from communicating on other forums or by e-mail, but if you think I am violating a rule you are free to report me as you see fit.

I have no idea what the purpose is for all my prior posts that you linked above, but again, I do not plan to engage in a discussion about why I am doing this. People that don't think it is needed can simply ignore the this thread.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:57 AM

Update: We already have a couple of people AND and a site we can use to discuss meets if we want to use it.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by NNY S2k,Dec 5 2008, 03:43 AM
Bill, subscribing to this thread.
Levi
Thanks Levi. If you want to be involved, just shoot me a PM with your e-mail address. Anything we plan to do will get posted on here, so I'm not talking about some breakaway group or a new club.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bass,Dec 5 2008, 08:08 AM
SCCM - welcome to the new secret car club meet
You are free to join and all meets will be published on here and open to everyone, not posted for the first time after the fact.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great thanks for the offer -

if the meet is of something of interest and it's posted here I'll certainly consider attending!!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:17 AM

I just got another one. I have to say, the people that are already interested in having car meets will be great to work with and have a lot to offer.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bass,Dec 5 2008, 08:15 AM
great thanks for the offer -

if the meet is of something of interest and it's posted here I'll certainly consider attending!!
Good Steve. That is exactly how I hope people who do not want to be part of the off line dicussion will see it.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:20 AM

Ok, I have to take off. Sorry if I do not respond to people who post questions on here or send e-mails right away.

Quick Reply: Anybody want to have a car club?