New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

can anyone clear headlights locally?

Old 01-24-2003, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone clear headlights locally?

Can anyone locally clear headlights? like have experience in doing these? I need mine done and i'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:42 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can do it, have done 3 but like i tell people you should just follow the directions on the site and do it yourself. You can ask suzukablueinnj, I just talked him through doing a set by himself on IM. It's not that hard.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:34 PM

Are you going to replace the diffuser with the clear diffuser?
Old 01-24-2003, 07:08 PM

That's right Dan was a great help and everything went smooth. It was very easy proceedure and if you follow the directions it is almost idiot proof. Just bite the bullit pull the trigger and go for it. Just keep Turbo_pwr close by for any questions! Thanks again Dan
Old 01-25-2003, 09:06 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LordMagnet
[B]Can anyone locally clear headlights? like have experience in doing these? I need mine done and i'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount.
Old 01-25-2003, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by s2ktaxi
Are you going to replace the diffuser with the clear diffuser?
Yeah, i just ordered Rick's JDM Clear Diffusers.
Old 01-25-2003, 10:58 AM

Originally posted by Jenner

I'm really close to you and I did mine myself. If you want help I will do it with you because I am going to open mine up again and install Ricks Smoked lenses I think. I'm waiting until the weather is nice again.

I just bought a house in Milford with a garage. We can do it there once I get my S2000 out of storage for the winter. Let me know.

-Jenner
Do you have a time frame set when you are gonna do this? I figured i'd do this while my car was garaged so i didn't have to keep it garaged while the lights are out during the nice days that the car could be out, ya know what i'm saying?
Old 01-25-2003, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by LordMagnet

Do you have a time frame set when you are gonna do this? I figured i'd do this while my car was garaged so i didn't have to keep it garaged while the lights are out during the nice days that the car could be out, ya know what i'm saying?
Probably in March. We can plan it for a weekend with above freezing weather and sun. Bring your car over, pull off the front noses together and toss our headlights in the oven. Shouldn't take more than 4 hours to do the whole thing and get the car back together again. It took me 2-3 just doing my car, but now that I have experience with it it should go quick.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:33 AM

Originally posted by Jenner

Probably in March. We can plan it for a weekend with above freezing weather and sun. Bring your car over, pull off the front noses together and toss our headlights in the oven. Shouldn't take more than 4 hours to do the whole thing and get the car back together again. It took me 2-3 just doing my car, but now that I have experience with it it should go quick.
Sounds good! Great! Thanks! I really appreciate this.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:04 PM

Jenner, just a word of caution... I recently read a thread about the smoked difusers. Aparently the ones that have been sold so far have a purpleish tint to them. I believe Rick responded to the thread and said he was looking into having them made differently to be more of a smoke color than purple. Wouldn't want to see you get a set of the bad ones.

Quick Reply: can anyone clear headlights locally?