New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Does anyone work for Verizon?

Old 10-25-2005, 05:09 AM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Default Does anyone work for Verizon?

Is there anyone here who works for Verizon who can explain what the heck is going on with their customer service,or lack thereof?

Long story short I've had some changes on my account, but they never processed the changes. I then get emails, phone messages and snail mail telling me I've not renewed, when I did. So I have to call them again, go on "forever hold" and ask what happened to my previous order which of course they show no record of.

Last night I went to my Mom's to hook up her computer to DSL. It's all connected properly, but it can't make an internet connection. "Customer service" tells me they need to run some tests, and it's possible her line isn't DSL ready after all.

I've been placed on "forever hold", bounced from dept. to dept. and all they do is "apologize for the inconvenience."

I think they want me to

Old 10-25-2005, 05:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did your mom get a letter from verizon saying the dsl line was ready?

i know when i first signed up it took about a week from when i received the welcome pack to be able to instal dsl..

honestly - i loved verison's help compaired to comcast (i have comcast now and while the speed is better the service sucks)
Old 10-25-2005, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When was the date when you called in for DSL? I remember when I got mine I had to wait up to 2 weeks for them to get the line ready. But after that it was pretty much plug and play.

Try calling them again. Unfortunately you will have to play that game again. Maybe get their supervisor.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bass,Oct 25 2005, 09:16 AM
did your mom get a letter from verizon saying the dsl line was ready?

i know when i first signed up it took about a week from when i received the welcome pack to be able to instal dsl..

honestly - i loved verison's help compaired to comcast (i have comcast now and while the speed is better the service sucks)
Before she ordered her DSL package, tech service said DSL was available on her line. Yesterday was her offical "ready" date on the letter from Verizon. (She got the package with the modem, etc. a week or so ago).

Hopefully, it's just something in the line that they can correct.

I've never dealt with Comcast for internet service, but reaching the right people at Verizon was almost as much fun as dealing with AOL.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:51 AM

AOL = devil

DHL = ...well I guess nothing

I've had Charter High Speed for over 2 years and the only problem I've had is the modem's give out... but that's not the cable companies fault, but they just give me a new one. I lease my cable modem, and so far its been worth it.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Is RCN Cable Modem available in your area?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by freq,Oct 25 2005, 03:13 PM
Is RCN Cable Modem available in your area?
I'm not sure. We do have ComCast available in most areas, but it is more money than the DSL and more money than my mother or I am willing to spend for internet access.

The DSL works just fine, it's just the recent customer service experiences that are driving me nuts.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:23 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

I understand, and while cable modem access isn't cheap it is normally much faster than DSL.

Just looking out for my co-workers up North.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:00 PM

The Verizon Install CD has problems. Ask to speak with a customer support tech and they will walk you through the install procedure, the one that the CD is supposed to do automatically.

It took almost two hours to get an internet connection when setting up my daughter's DSL connection about 2 months ago. It has been flawless since.

Do it on a Saturday morning when you can speak with a US support rep. Verizon has off-shored most of their telephone support.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:31 PM

^
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I've done two with no problem. If need be, I can wait until Saturday to try tech service again.

Quick Reply: Does anyone work for Verizon?