New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

NES2KO and the New England Forum on S2ki

Old 07-23-2008, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NES2KO and the New England Forum on S2ki

First off... I'm not sure why the "quotes" boxes aren't working. I apologize.

I'm going to try and answer all of the questions everyone has that was asked in the "other" thread. I know I've missed a lot, and I'm definitely missing a lot of details, but feel free to ask and I'll give you my best answers.

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,Jul 22 2008, 12:37 PM
I for one have never figured out what nes2ko is, I joined this board and this is where the forum is hosted. I did try to figure out the nes2ko thing but the forum linked to here so as far as my opinion for what its worth is this forum is the club.
What is the difference between S2KI and NES2KO?

Membership of these forums (S2K International - S2KI) is separate to membership of the New England S2000 Owners (NES2KO).

NES2KO (Club) membership gets you all the NES2KO club related 'offline' benefits, dealer discounts, insurance policy (tbd), aftermarket part discounts etc... these are explained on the NES2KO site http://www.nes2ko.com

NES2KO Membership is available for $35 a year. http://www.nes2ko.com

S2KI (Forum) membership gets the additional forum benefits - ability to post in For Sale, more PM space, @s2ki.com email address, custom avatar, etc.

S2KI membership is $20 a year and you can buy it by clicking 'Purchase membership' in the MyS2K section, or this link: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ion&CODE=index

The 'Guest' or 'Member/Gold Member' Status shown on your profile here on the forum relates to S2KI (Forum) membership, NOT NES2KO (Club membership).

What is the difference between S2KI and NES2KO?

Membership of these forums (S2K International - S2KI) is separate to membership of the New England S2000 Owners (NES2KO).

NES2KO (Club) membership gets you all the NES2KO club related 'offline' benefits, dealer discounts, insurance policy (tbd), aftermarket part discounts etc... these are explained on the NES2KO site http://www.nes2ko.com

NES2KO Membership is available for $35 a year. http://www.nes2ko.com

S2KI (Forum) membership gets the additional forum benefits - ability to post in For Sale, more PM space, @s2ki.com email address, custom avatar, etc.

S2KI membership is $20 a year and you can buy it by clicking 'Purchase membership' in the MyS2K section, or this link: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ion&CODE=index

The 'Guest' or 'Member/Gold Member' Status shown on your profile here on the forum relates to S2KI (Forum) membership, NOT NES2KO (Club membership).

FAQ's

We have prepared this brief list of Frequently Asked Questions.

Q: What is NES2KO?
A: The New England S2000 Owners (or NES2KO for short) was formed in 2001 as a distinct New England region owners club. Whilst much of the club
Old 07-23-2008, 09:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by g-s2k,Jul 23 2008, 01:34 PM

So in a nutshell. Why was NES2KO created? It was created for the New England S2000 Community. Why are we charging for membership. Membership is free. Titanium membership is $35 per year. The membership fee pays for events that the New England Community has during the year. And we would like it to also pay for the Insurance Policy. It has been discussed already of how the Insurance Policy will benefit the New England community, and this is why we are
Ok so an answer and its ^^^ Great at least we all now know why nes2ko exist. We can all decide during the supposedly upcoming membership drive if we want to join.

Now my next question:

Glenn now that we have no CO's Well Bill is still CO until after the Nor"Easter who will be the person to do the day to day moderating of this forum. Right now you are the designated moderator. Will you be taking an active role in the moderating duties? I do understand if time does not permit you to do so as they say life does get in the way. With that being said every forum needs a moderator what is our option here without co's and if your not active?

Just remember i am talking about moderator duties not CO which is entirely something different.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by g-s2k,Jul 23 2008, 01:34 PM
S2ki.com does not claim to be a car club.
Whether it claims it's a club or not -- it is...

Webster's dictionary defines "club" as:

an association of persons for some common object usually jointly supported and meeting periodically; also : a group identified by some common characteristic
Old 07-23-2008, 10:07 AM

Thanks Ryan for defining what a lot of us thought and still think!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,Jul 23 2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks Ryan for defining what a lot of us thought and still think!

I have always referred to it as a club. And I think I'm a silver member of NES2KO as well. Still, S2KI has always been more than just a "medium".

On a side note - Is it possible to have more than one moderator?? The NE sections is definitely more active than others and would probably warrant dual moderators.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by LazyProfessor,Jul 23 2008, 02:10 PM

On a side note - Is it possible to have more than one moderator?? The NE sections is definitely more active than others and would probably warrant dual moderators.
You wont hear an argument from me, i just want A moderator. Right now its not happening. I do want to make this perfectly clear This isnt about glenn bill cubby or anyone else, its about this forum having a go to person that can do things day to day within the forum if need be . And as a lot of us have seen over the last few months those occasions can and do occur.

So with that being said I await Glenn's response.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glenn good to see you posting again and thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts regarding s2ki and nes2ko

i had promised lainey i will not push the issue until after lainey and rick's summer drive

but some food for thought - i still believe s2ki new england is a club in it's own right as many of us still get together and hold events and take care of each other without nes2ko - let's use Bob's service - nes2ko had nothing to do with it but rather all the folks here made that a success. Along with many other events this year that were NOT affiliated with nes2ko .

If you recall nes2ko had created it
Old 07-23-2008, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by LazyProfessor,Jul 23 2008, 01:10 PM
Yes, it is possible to have more than one Community Organizer per Regional Forum.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:30 AM

Received 2,793 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass,Jul 23 2008, 02:21 PM

i had promised lainey i will not push the issue until after lainey and rick's summer drive
You guys go ahead, I'm not looking any more.

You all better show up at my cookout, singing kumbaya, and doing this:
Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glenn - Ryan's question was

" Is it possible to have more than one moderator"

and not more than one CO

Quick Reply: NES2KO and the New England Forum on S2ki