New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners
View Poll Results: Should Political talk be allowed in NE ?
YES
51.72%
NO
48.28%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Should Politics be allowed in NE

Old 09-07-2008, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,Sep 7 2008, 03:51 PM
Jerry, your incorrect as whe it comes to the presidential battle im currently on neither fence im thinking of using a write in vote for Bass
Hell I will move to Mexico first
Old 09-07-2008, 03:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Twiztid,Sep 7 2008, 07:16 PM
Hell I will move to Mexico first
Now thats funneeeee

although this is a blast from the past

Originally Posted by Twiztid,Mar 30 2008, 10:46 AM
TWIZTID FOR PRESIDENT
Originally Posted by The Hoth,Mar 31 2008, 10:21 AM
Steve will be the VP!

Our white house will never be the same.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,Sep 7 2008, 12:51 PM
Jerry, your incorrect as whe it comes to the presidential battle im currently on neither fence im thinking of using a write in vote for Bass

He's already on the ballot , watch the video:

http://www.inews3.com/topstory.php?i...76657c42617373
Old 09-07-2008, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Krecik,Sep 7 2008, 07:27 PM

He's already on the ballot , watch the video:

http://www.inews3.com/topstory.php?i...76657c42617373
bout time you stop lurking
Old 09-07-2008, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't personally don't mind the political talk, and I've obviously taken part from time to time.

I think it's easy to avoid any topic thread that's labeled as political, so if someone doesn't want to read it, then there's no problem. Quite frankly, there are some very long discussion threads that I don't read. As much as I post off-topic stuff, I don't bother keeping up with the off-topic thread.

And "no political discussion" is also a bit vague, in my opinion. Many topics turn political if someone makes a comment, analogy, or comparison to something. Like many things important in life, it can be easy and fun to make comparisons like that. I can see not encouraging it to continue and hijack a thread, but that leads to a bigger issue of hijacking threads.

Really, when it all comes down to it, I'm not interested in following lots of rules on a web site, particularly when it seems like it's following rules for the sake of rules. I think the discussion here in NE is what it is. What gets talked about here in NE is exactly what NE people like to talk about, by definition. Compartmentalizing and redirecting discussions is like being a nanny at a good party: nobody wants their conversation to be interrupted and told to go to the other room if they want to talk about something. If that's the direction this ends up going, I just won't be as active.

Likewise if participation options and discussion topics become restricted to paying members. I don't block advertisements on S2ki.com because I support the site (and I like Scott's misspelled banner ads). But beyond that, I have no interest in paying to be friendly with a larger community. Quite simply, no matter how cheap it is, that'll never happen. I think the point of the internet is for that to happen for free. Otherwise, I'll just get in the car and make friends with people I see in person.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:33 PM

come on Dave stay on topic ... I dint not Nominate Steve as my VP the Chinese did ... I think it is a ploy to take over our economy ( Thomas it is a joke you can laugh )

Old 09-07-2008, 04:00 PM

CTMechE .... thes rules are just to keep things more organized .. the rest of the forum conforms to these same exact rules we are making up new rules ...

Rules or No rules ... not everyone is going to be happy ... and if the internet was to be a free place than I should not get charge hosting fees for my site or fees from my provider ... I think Engineers should design new products for me for free ... we all know nothing is free in this world Fact is the internet is a Billion dollar industry and has made many people rich ...

But call it what you will rules , laws or what I like to just call plain common sense , people will push buttons just to get a rise out of others ... We have lost alot of membership due to this .. Great friends have become enemy's and new members have been scared off or just became lurkers .. Will a new guy be allowed to participate in a political thread without getting his head chewed off just to see which way he goes ???? As a CO it has been brought to my attention it is my job to Develop the community and keep it organized .. Hard to do if everyone is intimidated by others ... Dont get me wrong I love a great Debate

We need some sort of organization here .. I think someone suggested before that Political Post be posted in the NE lounge ?? I dont see nothing wrong with that ?? and I think we just keep it out of non political threads .. this way you guys can keep the talk in NE amongst yourselves ??

Thoughts everyone ??
Old 09-07-2008, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Twiztid,Sep 7 2008, 08:00 PM

We need some sort of organization here .. I think someone suggested before that Political Post be posted in the NE lounge ?? I dont see nothing wrong with that ?? and I think we just keep it out of non political threads .. this way you guys can keep the talk in NE amongst yourselves ??

Thoughts everyone ??
Perfect, compromise
Old 09-07-2008, 04:32 PM

i like the idea of putting the political talks into the NES2KO forums.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like being able to talk politics with other New England members. It usually does turn into a pissing match but its interesting understanding other members views on different topics.

Quick Reply: Should Politics be allowed in NE