New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Video cam options dvd or mini dv for track day

Old 05-06-2005, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video cam options dvd or mini dv for track day

OK I hope this is OK to post here, I am looking for people recomendations on the best small video camera to buy keeping in mind one major point. I do plan on not only doing a lot of filming of cars in motion but also plan on adding a lipstick camera and recording my track days with my honda. My fear is if I go with the new mini DVD models could that DVD actually skip while the car is rolling and taking sharp corners etc... where I know a MINI DV tape would not while recording. I would ideally like to spend 350 dollars (aware MINI DVD cameras are closer to starting at 5oo) I could spend 500 just want a compelling reason to do so. Is the mini DVD format the wave of the future, have they been out long enough to have the kinks worked out, if I buy Mini DV will I be looking for a mini dvd video camera in 2-3 years? help... best bang for the buck and again one that films things in motion quite well and of course compact... thanks one again.
Steve
Old 05-06-2005, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

I have a video camera setup. I'm on my second camera mount, and one key item to consider is vibration. There are a few different camera mounts out there, and I haven't tried all of them, but bracing the camera itself is important. Both of my camera mounts take the place of the windscreen.

First step... in my opinion, is finding a video camera first. One that has excellent vibration compensation.

I'll show you my setup one of these days. Maybe at the next track event

Oh... BTW. You officially have crossed over to the DARKSIDE One track event and you already want to video! Congrats!