New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

What are you doing?

Old 12-07-2017, 06:31 AM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Looks like both our Suzukas need a little face lift. Not us though. We'll be young and beautiful forever!!
For sure!
Old 12-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Community Organizer

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

What else is on the list? I feel like I have some personal investment in the longevity of your car!! It is the oldest S2000 that I know.
Yeah I guess you do don't-you!?
Ok longer story. Landed some MY2000 headlights(full setup, ballasts, lights) with probably like 500 miles on them.(longer story over a beer) Headlights weren't sun damaged but one had crazing across the top. Floor mats well yeah, killed 2 OEM mats not a hole in it but with only 1 post to hold it in place I have hated them for YEARS!

Other things done for longevity. I did bushings on all 4 corners. I need to do rear diff bushings soon, watch for bearing wine(it's not something in your brakes or your brakes dragging), upgraded battery to an Optima. Checked/re-checked spark plug tightness and gaps on valves. Keep oils/ fluids changed/up to date.

What's ON THE LIST TO DO? - I need to re-paint the front end and quarter panel, vinyl wrap the whole car, install a fuel pump, install catch can.

Down the road to-do list.....weld on BOV to after-charger on SC, install said Super Charger.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Listening to music as I browse the interwebz. I have laundry being washed.

Debating on whether I should pull out the work laptop or just veg and watch anime. More than likely anime will win.

In car-related news, winter tires are on both the s2000 and tsx. Gonna have fun come Monday morning in the s2000. My s2000 hood latch is stuck in the closed position so no access to the engine bay for a while. Le sigh. I believe the latch needs a good cleaning and new grease. Gotta love daily drivers. Throw me into the need a repaint category as well. All highway mileage and lots of chips and pitting. Weee.......Too many ideas on the list for the s2000. Some mandatory, others are niceties.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:07 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinky
Yeah I guess you do don't-you!?
Ok longer story. Landed some MY2000 headlights(full setup, ballasts, lights) with probably like 500 miles on them.(longer story over a beer) Headlights weren't sun damaged but one had crazing across the top. Floor mats well yeah, killed 2 OEM mats not a hole in it but with only 1 post to hold it in place I have hated them for YEARS!

Other things done for longevity. I did bushings on all 4 corners. I need to do rear diff bushings soon, watch for bearing wine(it's not something in your brakes or your brakes dragging), upgraded battery to an Optima. Checked/re-checked spark plug tightness and gaps on valves. Keep oils/ fluids changed/up to date.

What's ON THE LIST TO DO? - I need to re-paint the front end and quarter panel, vinyl wrap the whole car, install a fuel pump, install catch can.

Down the road to-do list.....weld on BOV to after-charger on SC, install said Super Charger.
Did you replace ALL the suspension bushings? How big of job is that? I'm hearing some sort of clunk when I go over certain bumps coming from the right seat corner. I'm hoping the spare tire is loose!
Old 12-10-2017, 07:10 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidx
Listening to music as I browse the interwebz. I have laundry being washed.

Debating on whether I should pull out the work laptop or just veg and watch anime. More than likely anime will win.

In car-related news, winter tires are on both the s2000 and tsx. Gonna have fun come Monday morning in the s2000. My s2000 hood latch is stuck in the closed position so no access to the engine bay for a while. Le sigh. I believe the latch needs a good cleaning and new grease. Gotta love daily drivers. Throw me into the need a repaint category as well. All highway mileage and lots of chips and pitting. Weee.......Too many ideas on the list for the s2000. Some mandatory, others are niceties.
Yeah, I'm hoping the respray of my nose will take care of my car for the next 15 years.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:34 AM
Community Organizer

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

Did you replace ALL the suspension bushings? How big of job is that? I'm hearing some sort of clunk when I go over certain bumps coming from the right seat corner. I'm hoping the spare tire is loose!
Yes, all 4 corners! All A-Arm Bushings. Even replaced the sway bar links and at least 1 of the tie rod end caps that holds grease in as it was badly cracked. Big job? I would put it into the YES category as it takes a lot of time, it's messy all around, it's a pain in the ACE to get just the right sized press out dies. Some are burn out the center bushing and some were press out the whole bushing and replace. All must be cleaned/deburred, greased, new bushing pressed back in.

If it's behind the seat that's probably the reason. Especially if you can't FEEL it when it clunks.