New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Are you cheap?

Old 05-30-2008, 04:51 AM

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,652 Posts
Default Are you cheap?

We all have certain things we will spend money on and other thing we say NO WAY!

We don't go to the movies. It's a waste of money. We do eat out often, but I don't eat much, and don't care for fancy foods so fancy restaurants are a waste of money. On the other hand, we aren't at the local diner for dinner either.

We aren't real "do it yourselfers" anymore so we spend money when things have to be done around the house.

We're kind of middle of the road in other things we spend money on. Hampton Inn is generally worth the few extra bucks over a Comfort Inn, but the fancy hotels aren't worth the $ to us. I don't like to pay full price. I don't buy designer labels, but I don't buy much clothing from Wal-Mart either. I try to find stuff on sale, and am browsing the grocery sales before shopping.

So are you a cheap/frugal? Erick and Steve, I already know you land in the "frugal" category.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not so much cheap... but i will always do my best to get the most for my money when I need to buy something

ie i needed some new 2 gig sd cards - got them for .50

pricing log length firewood now - if i can find a guy who sells the same stuff for less then he's got my business and if I buy say 7 cords worth of logs to get a better rate then I will

now that's not to say that i don't waste money once in a while. But I always remind myself of those before I spend $$ on stuff I don
Old 05-30-2008, 05:03 AM

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

I don't think I'm 'cheap', but I am careful. I buy what I need and if I find something that I'd just like to have and think the price is reasonable then I'll buy it.

For instance I saw a nice dark blue polo shirt last night and it was a bargin, I picked it up but then put it back about 5 minutes later when I realized I already have a few dark blue or black ones.

On the other hand, I'll pay someone to do work if I'm not comfortable with it. We are replacing a railing in the house that I probably could do, but it takes time and is a saftey thing so I am hiring a stair and railing company to do it. Probably at more than 2X what it would cost me to do it myself.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:04 AM

I don't consider myself cheap, but frugal on a lot of things. I tend to do a lot of research before buying and always check that I've budgeted accordingly.

The one thing I can't stand is... expensive breakfast joints. I'm a believe of small establishments with cheap breakfast. Two Egg, bacon, homefries and a coffee should be less than 5 bucks. There's this place 30 minutes from my house called Parkers Maple Barn. It is my arch-enemy of not-cheap-breakfasts and I wish it would go away.

Another cheap pet peeve is when I encounter people who buy really cheap singly-ply toliet paper.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm cheap with booze. I buy knockoff bourbon and only drink the good stuff when it's purchased for me. I guess that's what happens when you drink as much as I do.

Also, I only go to the bar on Wednesday and Friday because my 2 for 1 bartender is working
Old 05-30-2008, 05:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=kenta,May 30 2008, 09:04 AM] The one thing I can't stand is... expensive breakfast joints.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by kenta,May 30 2008, 09:04 AM
Another cheap pet peeve is when I encounter people who buy really cheap singly-ply toliet paper.
just use twice as much
Old 05-30-2008, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by daktruckie99,May 30 2008, 09:06 AM
Place down the street from me has an awesome Sunday special. 3 eggs, 3 pieces of toast, 3 sausage, 3 bacon, and a mound of home fries for $3.33
THAT's what I'm talking about My favorite place in NH is the Junction in Bradford. I think half the waitresses are sisters and they're always nice. It's always been super cheap, maybe not as cheap as the 3.33 deal. for cheap breakfast eats.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenta,May 30 2008, 08:04 AM
There's this place 30 minutes from my house called Parkers Maple Barn. It is my arch-enemy of not-cheap-breakfasts and I wish it would go away.
I head up there about 2 twice a year with some Harley buddies. Yeah it's pricey, but I find it worth the price.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bass,May 30 2008, 08:59 AM
ie i needed some new 2 gig sd cards - got them for .50
If this deal is still out there and doesn't require like 2 rebates and a pricematch can you PM me the details?

Quick Reply: Are you cheap?