New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

2009 Auto-X Schedule/Locations

Old 04-14-2009, 04:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iLuveketchup,Apr 13 2009, 11:28 PM
Andre, your car sounds amazing!!
Thanks Clyde.

If you bring your S, I'll get to hear the same note... haha. Are you going to bring it out anymore, or are you just going to stick with the STI?

Oh... BTW... forgot to tell you that the white shift knob that you have is bada$$. It's simple, but I like that look.

Andre
Old 04-14-2009, 04:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Apr 14 2009, 08:54 AM
That would be cool.

I actually had a digital camera with me to mount in my car. Went through all the trouble to borrow my friend's since his has good quality, so I go to mount the camera and I forgot to bring the mount... LOL.

Next time I'll make sure to bring it to take some in car video.

Andre

Lol

Hope to be joining you guys when the really nice weather gets here!! say June'ish
Old 04-14-2009, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by EP Heart,Apr 14 2009, 07:11 AM
I just need to order a helmet and I'm game!
You don't really need to get a helmet... they have loaner helmets there for your use.

But a quick word... you might want to order a helmet before it starts getting hot out cause those helmets get really nasty from everyone using them and them getting all sweaty... NASTY!!!!...

Andre
Old 04-14-2009, 05:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Apr 14 2009, 08:57 AM
You don't really need to get a helmet... they have loaner helmets there for your use.

But a quick word... you might want to order a helmet before it starts getting hot out cause those helmets get really nasty from everyone using them and them getting all sweaty... NASTY!!!!...

Andre
Yeah, that's why I want to order my own. That kinda stuff grosses me out.

Just gotta hope that it fits well!
Old 04-14-2009, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by EP Heart,Apr 14 2009, 09:01 AM
Yeah, that's why I want to order my own. That kinda stuff grosses me out.

Just gotta hope that it fits well!
Go to a store to try them on to see which size you need, and then order it online.

That's what I do.

Andre
Old 04-14-2009, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Apr 14 2009, 09:08 AM
Go to a store to try them on to see which size you need, and then order it online.

That's what I do.

Andre
That's what I'd like to do but didn't get a reply earlier in this thread when I asked for shops with helmets. Besides, doesn't look like many people carry Simpsons (yeah, yeah, I want to channel the Stig's skills ). There's only a motorcycle shop and an auto shop that's ~2 hours away that are vendors for them.

Anyway, anyone have recommendations on shops that carry different brands of helmets?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by EP Heart,Apr 14 2009, 09:28 AM
That's what I'd like to do but didn't get a reply earlier in this thread when I asked for shops with helmets. Besides, doesn't look like many people carry Simpsons (yeah, yeah, I want to channel the Stig's skills ). There's only a motorcycle shop and an auto shop that's ~2 hours away that are vendors for them.

Anyway, anyone have recommendations on shops that carry different brands of helmets?
Driving Impressions in NJ.

Do a search for them on the web... I can't really remember the name of the town it is in but I've been there and the guy is awesome. You might actually end up just buying something from him cause he has good prices.

Andre
Old 04-14-2009, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EP Heart,Apr 14 2009, 08:28 AM

I bought my Sparco helmet online. Originally, I was adamant about not buying one online, because I wanted to make sure the helmet fit me. So I went to Bruce's Speed Shop in NJ and they only had Bell helmets to try on...Bell is a wonderful helmet, but I found a better deal I couldn't pass up. The helmet fits, but it was definitely a gamble. I forgot the website where I ordered from, but I know saferacer has some of the best prices around...check them out! They have a huge selection, including simpsons, and sometimes they have even better deals on clearance.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=8kGoodENuff,Apr 14 2009, 08:55 AM] Thanks Clyde.

If you bring your S, I'll get to hear the same note... haha.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:57 AM

Thanks for the helmet suggestions, guys.

For anyone that might be interested, Simpson has 15% off their helmets again + free shipping so they're undercutting everyone else's prices on their own products, from what I can see.

I'm still weighing my options, though.