New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Cops on DPA going about it all wrong

Old 07-03-2003, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cops on DPA going about it all wrong

I went out there tonight to meet a fellow member and went along with a buddy in a 3000GT. We were in a lot doing nothing wrong when a cop comes in and starts writing up tickets. It was 11:58 p.m. at the time. He then says this lot is off limits from 12-7, so i look at my watch and say, its not 12 yet, he looks at his watch and angerly says get out of here. So these cops insted of letting car enthusiasts sit and talk, are kicking them out onto the street where harm can be done(street racing). It just doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't it be safer to sit in a lot and talk then go driving around looking for something to do, or someone to race? I think they need to re-think their tactics against battling street racing. Since we were booted out early I never met up with this member either. Is there anywhere around here where cars can park and check each others rides out with out cops busting balls???
Old 07-04-2003, 07:52 AM

There must have been a sign there ?? I would look for a commercial establishment - buy something, and sit and chat for a while ...
Old 07-04-2003, 08:09 AM

We went to a ices place and sat out front and it closed at 12 and immediately, oink oink. The funny thing was while the cop was busting our balls for sitting there doing nothing, we saw cars racing in the street right infront of us and he din't even care??? Anyone see something wrong with this picture
Old 07-04-2003, 01:35 PM

1Fast99Si, I feel your pain I wish there was a place to hang and talk
look at all the cars...etc and I'm 32 not some young kid ( nothing meant by that)
but everything I see a post about meeting somewhere at night ..... Later that
night I read about shite!! Going down...... I have a friend who is a cop so I see
both sides.... But I don't have an answer for you.... I live in Jersey and I personally
don't get hassled but I do see other that do..... Maybe the cops where responding to a call or something...... How about approaching a business about
doing some kinda cruise night or something ???? Well sorry about your night
getting ruined but I sure someone will figure something out , wish I could help more.

Mike.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:51 AM

The cops definitly were not responding to a call. They were just simply busting balls. I am 23, so unfortunately I get stereotyped as a punk. When the cop parked a few feet away, everyone looked the other way, i walked over to see if I could help him with something. It just makes me sick. The cops around here get overpaid to bust kids balls and during the day when there are no kids to bother, they park their cars behind the firehouse and sleep or go in and watch tv instead of working. My friend is a volunteer and i go there with him sometimes and there are cops there 100% of the time hidding their cars out back. Then these assholes come into my job asking for discounts, saying "I'm on the job". I don't give a f-ck if they are cops, they get paid good money and then want discounts. I bet they could get in some serious trouble for asking for discounts and hiding their cars instead of working. Sorry to rant, but i've had enough of the local police.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:57 PM
Administrator

So, tell the truth....do you give them a discount?
Old 07-06-2003, 07:15 PM

Originally posted by Ludedude
So, tell the truth....do you give them a discount?
One of those dougnut stuffers has never gotten one on my watch.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Administrator

HAHA good for you...I was just wondering if you stood on your principles or not.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:44 AM

I know exactly what your talking about. My friends and I usually chill at the Payless on DPA next to McDonald's. Its a good spot. A couple of exits if we get raided by bacon and plenty of room to run on the back roads. Most of the time running is not an issue as the glorious Suffolk PD as been keeping to the streets. But lately they have been busting up the party almost instantly. This past Saturday we had got there around 11ish. My S, my bro's WRX, another WRX, a 350Z, and a Civic Si. All nice cars, nothing ricer racy. I had just turned the car off when in comes the lightbar. He was talking heavy at us like we were a bunch of toddlers. So, we made a short trip next door to McD's. Everyone bought drinks so every time that over-paid, under-worked Metermaid rolled through we all took a sip in his honor while he just stared. Just like Elliot said, they can't toss you if the place is open. McD's has its lights on until around 1:30. Stop by if you can make down the Ave without getting tagged. I'm the black S rolling on 18" Volks.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:20 PM

Originally posted by nine grand
I know exactly what your talking about. My friends and I usually chill at the Payless on DPA next to McDonald's. Its a good spot. A couple of exits if we get raided by bacon and plenty of room to run on the back roads. Most of the time running is not an issue as the glorious Suffolk PD as been keeping to the streets. But lately they have been busting up the party almost instantly. This past Saturday we had got there around 11ish. My S, my bro's WRX, another WRX, a 350Z, and a Civic Si. All nice cars, nothing ricer racy. I had just turned the car off when in comes the lightbar. He was talking heavy at us like we were a bunch of toddlers. So, we made a short trip next door to McD's. Everyone bought drinks so every time that over-paid, under-worked Metermaid rolled through we all took a sip in his honor while he just stared. Just like Elliot said, they can't toss you if the place is open. McD's has its lights on until around 1:30. Stop by if you can make down the Ave without getting tagged. I'm the black S rolling on 18" Volks.
I wanna chck out your ride sometime. I wanna hear that exhaust! Jeff

Quick Reply: Cops on DPA going about it all wrong