New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

could use metros help, for a good cause

Old 04-13-2012, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default could use metros help, for a good cause

Hey fellow metro members, like to say whats up and hi to everyone first off. Been on this forum for over a year now and finally became a member today, not so much for the benefits, but to be able to post some plans. I made similar posts in the past regarding this, but figured id try one last time. Im really really trying to source some suspension components. Control arms, trailing arms . I know i could buy new, or attempt used off ebay. But im really trying to get some help from fellow metro owners on this. Im looking to have some high quality, highly adjustable, race quality parts made, bushings and all. Now i know theres gonna be naysayers and doubters , or just members with questions. But before i can answer any i need to produce a prototype set. If anyone has or knows someone with any of these parts laying around,not being used please i beg you , shoot me an email. Im not going to keep or ruin them in any way. Just need to take measurements of them off the car. And if my s2k wasnt my daily i would just use mine. But the fact im going to need them for at least a week or two makes that hard to do. If you ever thought that you would ever be in the market for easier, stronger, more adjustable ways of dealing with suspension setup please keep this post in mind. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and i guarantee the end results will blow minds and seriously change the s2000 game. For weekend racers, street car enthusiasts, hell even dedicated track warriors. You have nothing to lose, but possibly everything to gain from helping. Thanx for reading metro.

Kohl j. Campbell
Old 04-14-2012, 06:41 AM

Wish I had this stuff to give you. Someone help out the guy!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 AM

Received 1,274 Likes on 777 Posts

I have lots of parts to measure sitting around.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:44 AM

Received 1,274 Likes on 777 Posts

I can also advise you how to make custom a-arms so guys who want big wheels don't have to trash their fenders or run ugly neg camber.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:58 AM

Billman id really appreciate any help. Right now the fabricator, designer ( good friend ) just needs a set to look at and take measurements from to see if its a valid part to make. And see if theres ways to combat the positioning of ball joints and what not on lowered vehicles, camber to an extent can be your best friend, but i understand the whole hellaflush 3+ degrees of camber is out of control. As a test bed my car is actually lowered 3 inches and the set of rims were using as a test mule are actually mustang cobra wheels, just for an idea of what would need to be done to fit larger much wider tires on the car. The only problem we can forsee that potential buyers may be a tad nervous about, is the fact that the oem parts are designed to break in an impact to save the structure of the car. Sad to say it may be something that cant be dealt with. Although in their defense you want something that under hard use and abuse wont break. Once again though until the cad drawings and set is made for testing we wont know for sure. If anything 2 seperate sets may be offered. One that would have built in roll canter adjusters, and multiple points of adjustment. As with all his components though each part can be individually purchased so if all you want is upper rears for adjustment so be it. Lower arms to get things lined up feasibly so be it. And trailing arms to combat bump steer, you could do that as well. If anything feel free to pm me.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Billman250
I can also advise you how to make custom a-arms so guys who want big wheels don't have to trash their fenders or run ugly neg camber.
Say whaaaaaat!? That would be great!