New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Elliot...

Old 03-29-2005, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elliot...

Is there a reason that you deleted the update about the DVD that everyone ordered? You don't want me to pm you or the other participants... and previously you told me that a "thread is enough"...

...and now- you or another one of your fellow community organizers is deleting a "thread"...??

The thread was not pushing people to buy- it was not soliciting a sale... it was simply shipping information for those who ordered (which we have about 15 pre-orders out of your community that you DON'T want me to "pm")...

Elliot, Tri- and billman... that thread was "informative only"... in part with agreement with Hesel and the Fall Colors Tour- we provided a service for the participants are providing these participants with information they've been requesting...

...would it have been so hard to directly pm ME with your reasonings... instead of simply just dumping the thread?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:38 PM

[QUOTE=joeking1978,Mar 29 2005, 11:34 PM] Is there a reason that you deleted the update about the DVD that everyone ordered?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Defender,Mar 29 2005, 11:38 PM
If this is some recent thread -- sorry pal you got the wrong guy, I never even saw it and didn't delete it.

I have to say that when you jump to conclusions like this, and put up blatent accusations without knowing what the heck you are talking about, it is very very annoying.
Sorry that you misread my post and got annoyed...

If you read back- you'll see that I didn't "accuse" you- I simply asked "you" (because I know your name and have met you)... if you OR your FELLOW community organizers deleted the thread, and why?

I only feel that its curteous to give someone such feedback if such actions are going to be taken...

...its kind of strange though- because I see that the community has no problems promoting sales in THIS thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=278471&hl=

which aren't even approved by the Fall Colors Directors... so now I'm REALLY confused why my thread was deleted...
Old 03-29-2005, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by joeking1978,Mar 29 2005, 11:43 PM
...its kind of strange though- because I see that the community has no problems promoting sales in THIS thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=278471&hl=
This is a FREE social event and the maker of the DVD has already indicated that he is giving away free copies of his DVD to those in the metro group who are featured in the DVD (except for me of course, even though I went to the trouble of driving into a corn field to provide some good footage for the cause ).

I am sure that if you offered to come to the metro group and show your DVD for nothing that many people would be very receptive; in fact if you send me a copy, we will watch it at the same event if you would like !!
Old 03-29-2005, 08:03 PM

then I'm assuming your community shouldn't have a problem posting "requested information" for your members who've PAID for this DVD...?

This product was a favor for Rick, we'll be likely to cover our production costs (but being enthusiast, and a event director myself- I was more then happy to just tag along)... which I assume will be the same for the "underground" copies Mistasnipes is selling?

I told him that I wanted to see his work and would be willing to trade a DVD for a DVD... unfortunately his thread was deleted in Fall Colors (b/c proceeds from his sales were not contributing towards FC or permisable by FC) before I could follow up further...

I'd hate to see the NY community be the only one to disregard this information- and disallow their members the same easy access that all of the other communities are allowing to the members who attended the event... With how long its been... most have probably even forgotten they have ordered... and thus are not going to randomly check Fall Colors for updates... (of which- again- I thank those who understood and gave their support to Jeff during his illness)...

So all in all- its up to you 3... let me know what you're going to do.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:04 PM

i did not delete it either.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:07 PM

If I were a betting man......none of the CO's deleted it.
A Moderator did.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:08 PM

You know Joe, it is pretty easy. Here is the link for the update on the fall colors video that Joe and his production crew have put together:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=279616

Why don't you send this same info to the people who have ordered already ?

And please stop knocking one of our members who has taken his time to put together a DVD and is showing it to us for nothing.

Finally, I will again offer to screen your DVD at the same event. Are you interested or not ?
Old 03-29-2005, 08:09 PM

Email dirty laundry please...
Old 03-29-2005, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Defender,Mar 30 2005, 12:08 AM
You know Joe, it is pretty easy. Here is the link for the update on the fall colors video that Joe and his production crew have put together:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=279616

Why don't you send this same info to the people who have ordered already ?

And please stop knocking one of our members who has taken his time to put together a DVD and is showing it to us for nothing.

Finally, I will again offer to screen your DVD at the same event. Are you interested or not ?
???

knocking? again- I said I was looking forward to seeing HIS as well...

I brought it up to inquire on the similarities... if it was turbo that deleted it, then the same questions apply to him... I only wanted to find out "why".

...b/c THEN if I knew what the "reason" was... I could meet you guys half way and just post a link like you did...

but until now, how would I know that wouldn't be deleted as well?

I appreciate you posting it...

(as for sending the pm's to those who ordered them- many people are not members and their pm's are packed- or they are simply turned off... so it was taking too much time to go through them individually- when a simple thread with an update was so much quicker)

Quick Reply: Elliot...