New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

f/c05

Old 09-07-2005, 06:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink f/c05

Hi guys i just wanted to add my $0.02 re this years tour .I have no problem if thurs is held for drivers with more experience.If that is how it goes down fine what i don't want to happen is for the metro crew get split upon this .A big part of this for me is taking the drive for 6-8 hours on the road with you all .I really enjoy this and the more we have in a group the better .We have some great guys and gals
some real good leaders and we keep it safe and fast for the most part .
The bonding that goes on and the building of friendships seems to double for me and maybe some of you as well on these trips .So however this thurs stuff comes out i would love for us to stick together and be a united metro group the tightest most active group involed in this years f/c.(also the most feared ) i think nate scared the vintage group last year when he lead them to spring fling i was there he wasn't that fast . I just can't picture not having oneil blowing by me several times while i try to push my ride and wave my white flag.Or Lenny sitting low and smoking a but looking kool.and jacko in the best looking s i've seen with that serious look on his face like he is a hit man then he breaks into that smile .Of course there is Eliot and his better half keeping us on the mark and jackie keeping him together.Ah kareem and Kriss as well .There is nibble with his wing camera c/f front and rear and whatever new he has added .Nate03 running black and tan with his hat gloves loving the speed .Of course bill keeping us all safe and in good health as we make our run which is the most important .
never more has it applied it's "the journey not the destination "and the guy who said that must of had a droptop.

Old 09-07-2005, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could come this year but work will not allow me any vacation time from September til December so I want to wish you all a great trip and be safe on the roads! And rep Metro to the fullest!
Old 09-07-2005, 07:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sick days ,sick days ,sick days mental health
Old 09-07-2005, 07:20 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Bobby, I cannot agree more than I already do with you. we as metro group is the tightest group out there.

cheers,
Old 09-07-2005, 09:05 AM

well said BobbyB...

several of these track junkies are being selfish & self centered about the use of the facilities on Friday...

in a way it's like setting up a detail day at FC and telling people that if they've never used a orbital polisher they can't participate...(perhaps detailing doesn't quite involve the risk of track driving - but the inexperienced could get injured or damage their paint) - the analogy is about the exclusion

I exchanged a few agro'd PM's with Jfo last night - I feel like after reading your post it's best for me to let it go (the Friday Track participation), move on, & thus attend FC in the spirit you mention above....

Thanks again.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:31 AM

Am I way off on this ... but isn't the issue over Friday , not Thursday ?
Old 09-07-2005, 12:23 PM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

^^Leaving Thursday for Friday track day^^

Can't agree more Bobby... I would make the drive to PA turn around and drive back, it would still be big fun (maybe stop for a beer in pa before heading back, but ya get it i'm sure...)
Old 09-07-2005, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Defender,Sep 7 2005, 02:31 PM
Am I way off on this ... but isn't the issue over Friday , not Thursday ?
u r right on ... please note in my post above I'm discussing the issue day as Friday....

it seems to me the tide is turning again in the FC05 Friday Format thread...back in the direction of a 3 group HPDE type day for Friday...

jeeeez...

I've chosen NOT to post the PM I received from JFO last night which through a long & convoluted effort was an FU to people like me who had signed up for Friday but became excluded by the 'format' dictum...at that time he seemed pretty harsh (his word) and crystallized in his decision.
With that I requested a refund for the friday day and am most likely going to come out on Thursday with metro - roll or tour in some way friday and just plain rock it for the weekend as originally planned....

... at least until further changes to the 'format' are posted....

Old 09-07-2005, 12:32 PM

BobbyB I agree with you 110%

we are just not "member from a car club"
we roll together, we do movies, party, dinner and let list goes onnnnnnnn.....
we are the metro family we met each other for some we enjoy.
and we stick together from who we are

my 0.02c

Old 09-07-2005, 12:33 PM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves here but any idea what time we are leaving Thursday?

From Lorie's?

can't wait... Andy

Quick Reply: f/c05