New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Future Metro trip

Old 02-24-2004, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future Metro trip

This year was my first Fall Colors and it was truely a great time. One thing that bothers me about it is waiting another year to do it all over again. For Valentine's weekend, I took my girlfriend to a place in the Adirondack's called Wawbeek (in this issue of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition) on Saranac Lake and it was the best place I had ever stayed. More amazing were the roads there. I've been going on trips to the Adirondacks since I was 2 with my parents and I never realized how much fun it would be to drive our cars there. Lodging isn't bad at all either, it's set up like a resort with houses and cabins fully furnished with large living areas upstairs and downstairs. The one house can hold 20 people and is $1960 for Friday or a Saturday for the whole house. That's roughly $100 per person per night, so $200 per Friday and Saturday. I spent more money than that for a hotel room at Fall colors. Check out the site for pics and info Wawbeek. It's just a suggestion but i'm telling everyone the roads are unbelievable especially on the way to Lake Placid and the scenery is amazing as well. I call it the "Disturbing the Peace Tour"
Old 02-25-2004, 07:11 PM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool!

i'm planning on heading towards lake placid this weekend for a snowboarding trip and i'll definitely check these places out.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:23 PM

it's great up there. the place i stayed was on upper saranac lake. have fun on your trip!
Old 02-26-2004, 08:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LayingLow
This year was my first Fall Colors and it was truely a great time. One thing that bothers me about it is waiting another year to do it all over again. For Valentine's weekend, I took my girlfriend to a place in the Adirondack's called Wawbeek (in this issue of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition) on Saranac Lake and it was the best place I had ever stayed. More amazing were the roads there. I've been going on trips to the Adirondacks since I was 2 with my parents and I never realized how much fun it would be to drive our cars there. Lodging isn't bad at all either, it's set up like a resort with houses and cabins fully furnished with large living areas upstairs and downstairs. The one house can hold 20 people and is $1960 for Friday or a Saturday for the whole house. That's roughly $100 per person per night, so $200 per Friday and Saturday. I spent more money than that for a hotel room at Fall colors. Check out the site for pics and info Wawbeek. It's just a suggestion but i'm telling everyone the roads are unbelievable especially on the way to Lake Placid and the scenery is amazing as well. I call it the "Disturbing the Peace Tour"
Old 02-27-2004, 03:17 PM

I stayed in the Lake house and it was great. The Mountain house also looked wonderful as well. I would start with the Lake house since it's more spacious.