New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

ShelterLogic for my S

Old 08-05-2015, 06:50 AM

Received 1,138 Likes on 1,001 Posts

The wind will lift that puppy and put it on your roof.

Look at fairgrounds outside of the City. I can store my camper trailer and boat indoors for the winter for less than $400 each for the whole winter. So what if it's an hour drive? (I store the Honda at home in my garage.)

-- Chuck
Old 08-05-2015, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck S
The wind will lift that puppy and put it on your roof.

Look at fairgrounds outside of the City. I can store my camper trailer and boat indoors for the winter for less than $400 each for the whole winter. So what if it's an hour drive? (I store the Honda at home in my garage.)

-- Chuck

yeah maybe..but im not sure I want my S that far away. The local storage here in CT wants $225 per month for a 10x15 which would fit the car but cost me over 1K for 4 months. I can drive 20 stakes into this damn carport and use sandbags if needed and have it all year around....but at the same time I understand in high winds I could have problems... Appreciate the input tho..
Old 08-05-2015, 02:09 PM

I had one of these form HF at another place I lived. I put the legs in 5 gal pails and quickcrete to keep it from moving was also right up against a wall never moved. don't think it would hold up in a hurricane but what do you want. 500 is a lot I seen the same brand at pepboys for 250
Old 08-06-2015, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by cleenyc99
I had one of these form HF at another place I lived. I put the legs in 5 gal pails and quickcrete to keep it from moving was also right up against a wall never moved. don't think it would hold up in a hurricane but what do you want. 500 is a lot I seen the same brand at pepboys for 250

The one at Pep Boys is too long for my parking area and isnt a round top. Lots of people who had that one you mentioned complained it caved in or buckled under a foot of snow whereas the round top shed the snow and held up well. $500 is a lot, but it will cost me 3 times that to fix all these dings. Ill stake it down good, use a few sand bags..whatever it takes..if a bad wind storm is on the way i dont know what ill do it would be difficult as to where to move the car whether i had the shelter or not. thanks for the input..
Old 08-06-2015, 10:58 AM

yeah didn't realize you got that much snow don't think it would hold up to constant snow. 500 not that bad really they do last a few years. are you going to be putting it on grass?
Old 08-06-2015, 08:41 PM
Gold Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

I would just cut that acorn tree down
Old 08-07-2015, 03:28 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I like Justin but as other acorns go I hate them, messy trees. Has one at my old house. Cars weren't around when god created them I guess.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I feel your pain, man. I went through the same thing when I first moved to my new place. It was surrounded by large trees!
Well, it is Pennsylvania after all!

I park my cars in the driveway and broken branches, acorn, leaves, would be hitting the car all day and night. I had to do something. Over the course of the year, I ended up cutting 7 large trees down, extended the driveway, and now thinking of building a proper shed or carport. Even looked into pre-build ones. They are expensive! One thing I found out, that might work for you (and for me!), and its very cheap, is sail shade. they come in different widths and lengths, and shape. Easy to put up. No maintenance. And, did I say, cheap? lol

Look into that man. It might just be what you need without spending $500.

My before and after:
Old 08-09-2015, 05:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was debating a similar shelterlogic myself as all I have is a cover and storage costs here are insane. My cousin used a smaller one for his motorcycle with great results. Even with snow and hurricanes. He had to occasionally go clear snow off it wit heavy snowfall.

I have a concrete driveway so i cant stake it. My idea was to buy sheets of 3/4in plywood and couple 2x4s. Screw the 2x4s along the sides of top of the plywood. Screw tent legs to 2x4s. Park my car on the sheets of plywood. If that description makes sense.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomAP1
My idea was to buy sheets of 3/4in plywood and couple 2x4s. Screw the 2x4s along the sides of top of the plywood. Screw tent legs to 2x4s. Park my car on the sheets of plywood. If that description makes sense.
A couple of plywood. A couple of 2x4. A couple of outdoor screws. Before you know it, you're up to $500 in Home Depot debt. Ask me how I know.

Quick Reply: ShelterLogic for my S