New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

"why do you have that insurance company?"

Old 10-28-2014, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing
Originally Posted by GRUNTS2K' timestamp='1414525537' post='23385856
[quote name='freq' timestamp='1414524232' post='23385828']
[quote name='GRUNTS2K' timestamp='1414523491' post='23385816']
[quote name='S2KNJ' timestamp='1414509423' post='23385573']
[quote name='GRUNTS2K' timestamp='1414508407' post='23385546']
That sucks Paul. I would recommend Liberty Mutual. They've been great however I haven't had any claims with them.
So they are good at cashing your checks and sending cards out?
Well considering that I had 3 cars full coverage including my GTR with low deductibles for $100 per month, I would say they are great.
[/quote]

We're gonna get off topic but weren't those cars insured in PA?
[/quote]

Yea that does help
[/quote]
Dave, I didn't know you still lived in PA..........................?
[/quote]

You didn't know?! I use a helicopter to get to NYC for work every morning and pick up Barry since he's on the way
Old 10-28-2014, 02:33 PM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

I have Liberty Mutual as well. I've made several claims with them. They are always quick to resolve. They've never done an investigation on me that's for sure. In fact I've never heard of any company doing anything like what is going on here.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
Paul - good luck. I'd guess that all the info being requested is because of the investigation and not a normal appearing claim. Even though the accident is normal, they think it's not.

Barry- I have Geico. I've been hit several times, once while parked. I've had my car in a local shop that day or the next, and often back within a week. I've never had issues with them.
i've heard bad stories about geico and they use used parts. i got hit by a guy in my integra and had geico. they gave me money for a used bumper and tail light and a very small amount for labor. glad i just took the check, did the work myself and pocketed the rest. they're cheap.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:58 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

thanks to everyone for your posts.

I didn't think attending HPDE had any relevance to the accident so i hadn't mentioned it but he asked where i was before the accident and before that and before that and so on. i had no reason to hide it. I think it is more straight forward by not hiding it.

nothing yet has been decided. the adjuster is still waiting for investigation to be over. The car is still at pound getting beat up by weather. if this doesn't get resolved within few weeks, i'd like to take the car back before harsher weather arrives this area. the title is still clean and is with me.

I've sent a reply to him last night as follow, cc'ing my lawyer as well as his supervisor.

Mr. xxx.

Since your requests was not specific and failed to explain the reason, I had to make my own interpretation of your request. And here it is.

646 xxx xxxx Friend
973 xxx xxxx Family
201 568 xxxx bank
800 222 xxxx AAA
570 xxx xxxx unknown
911 Emergency number

Also, to further prove that I did had an accident, one of the photo, you will see paint transfer from my car to guardrail. Please look for it. Also, to disproof your theory that the damage is caused by a car, you can examine photo that there are 2 distinctive linear damages to quarter panel and bumper cover. You will find the space between those damages will match the gap of guardrail. If this was a damage from another car as you stated, the other car must be in a shape of guardrail and have not yet found such car. So if yo find one, let me know make, model & year so I can examine.

Regards.
all xxx are masks.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:42 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

good luck Paul keep us updated

Still not sure why they had so many questions, they have to know that people get into accidents every day what made them question this one so much?

Who pays for your car at the storage place, those bills must be stacking up!
Old 10-29-2014, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason they are questioning it is because of the HPDE. I'm playing devils advocate here but they are investigating if the car was crashed at the track then towed to that spot. They want to check phone numbers to probably check if there were any tow companies called before hand.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:41 AM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

First, I'm sorry that you have to go through this, insurance companies can be a real pain. I have learned alot about how car insurances work since I have a very good agent and she is a member of the family. She works for allstate.

Second, just like the cops say "Anything you say can be and will be used in the court of law"

I understand what your saying with HPDE. But to an insurance company, that's a race event and they dont cover those. That's why you can't bring it up at all. E-surance is apart of allstate (I'm sure you already knew that). Even my agent doesn't know how the e-surance parts works as she has nothing to do with it.

Geico is cheaper, but your dealing with a 1-800 number all the time, they make you fill out all kinds of paper work. I don't do anything, I make 1 phone call and all the paper work for my cars is done. Geico will use used parts unless you say something, I have seen it personally. State farm does alot of investigations on people, if anything you say or do seems out of line, they do an investigations and it does take a few months. I had them years ago and had to get rid of them, they would always ask why I had so many cars.

Make them pay for the car storage as well, that will be a 3K bill easy when they let that car out.

One of the reasons I deal with an agent is so when I got a letter or anything asking me about something with my cars. I call my agent and she takes care of it all.

Good Luck, I hope you get it all taken care of.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by GRUNTS2K
The reason they are questioning it is because of the HPDE. I'm playing devils advocate here but they are investigating if the car was crashed at the track then towed to that spot. They want to check phone numbers to probably check if there were any tow companies called before hand.
That's a good part of it. You have to tell them you came from a store, visiting family (if that was the case), you went to see a friend, anything regular.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:55 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

After 2 days since last e-mail, he hasn't replied yet. perhaps i'll send him an e-mail tomorrow.

it is up to you to say what you want to say. i'm old enough to make choices and i choose to say the truth. if this ever goes to court of law, it would be the best that i've been saying the truth.

point is, if you have esurance, you may have to go through what i'm going through. if you ever come across and make different choice, let us know the outcome. I don't regret saying the truth at all and will say the same if it was asked.

also, it seemed that he had already researched on me and told me that i had video of "racing" on-line. i corrected him that it was all HPDE.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Wow, this guy really crawled up your ass.

Researched you online........

No issue with telling the truth Paul. That HPDE could have been 10 minutes, 10 days, 10 months before the mechanical failure. Fact of the matter is, this happened on public streets.

Hey Stuart from Esurance, CALL ME!!!

Quick Reply: "why do you have that insurance company?"