New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

"why do you have that insurance company?"

Old 08-18-2015, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very happy for you Paul!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

So this will be be closure to this long thread.

Few things happened since my last post.

- esurance removed RED without letting me know and notified me days later. So if I happened to driven it, I would've driven it without insurance. To add insult to injury, they refunded me few bucks.
- Therefore I cancelled esurance entirely, very unhappy.
- My new insurance company is progressive. - Rate is comparative to esurance - high. but it was best I could get in short time.
- I tried Hagerty but it wasn't working for me as they weren't going to cover my "daily".
- Banking and Insurance commission sent a mail that they could not find anything wrong with their conduct since the case was in "investigation".
- RED was in body shop while it did not have insurance. Took around 2 weeks and this is the result.

- Sadly, I've put it on classified /w intimidating price hoping that I will keep it for awhile.

thank you everyone for your support!
Old 09-11-2015, 12:45 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

Old 09-11-2015, 06:45 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

she looks good. keep her.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just for reference I insured our race car with State Farm and told them it was a race car and that I wanted to insure for transit to and from the track. All they told me was my policy didn't apply for the track. I told them I have track insurance through lockton motorsports and they were fine with it. They and the CA, yes thats right the CA DMV, have VIN verified the car so they know its a race car.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:46 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Paul, I hope Progressive is working well for you. I know someone who's had 2 cars stolen and 5 cars totaled in accidents, they pay her quick and fair, and they still take her money month in and month out.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:11 AM

davidc1. I had no issue with progressive except rate was high due to that e-surance reported the incident as driver's fault. to this date, i still raise my fingers at esurance commercial and turn the channel. also, i plan not to see dennis quaid's movie any more.

on progressive, I also had good driver rating after using the device. it was very sensitive that any braking harder than normal was reported. I would not recommend it if you are driving in city a lot. i heard some people's rate was increased after using it.

now, I have geico since i get a discount but also considering hartford.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:35 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

I switched to Progressive again on my other cars just because my regular insurer (IDS) screwed up on an autopayment, then made me start a new policy and raised the rates. I use an insurance company until they raise rates, then I dump them (usually about ever 5ish years, but had my previous much longer). There is no reason to stay with one unless they give you some sort of incentive. You can always go get a better rate by moving, until they raise it. This info was told to me by an acquaintance that sells insurance :P

For the S2k though I keep Hagerty. Even with setting a 5000 mile per year usage it is the same price my previous insurer and I have $17k agreed upon value.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:16 AM

I heard some good things about hagerty although my experience was so so.. matter of fact, i wasn't even able to get policy because when I answered "yes" on the question they asked if I was using the car on track. that was just after this incident occurred. i believe they are insuring cars that's being tracked as well. perhaps they realized those on the tracks are safer.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:16 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by nibble
I heard some good things about hagerty although my experience was so so.. matter of fact, i wasn't even able to get policy because when I answered "yes" on the question they asked if I was using the car on track. that was just after this incident occurred. i believe they are insuring cars that's being tracked as well. perhaps they realized those on the tracks are safer.
. I stated my use was primarily autox and track days. Now, if I crash it on track, then that is on me unless I have track day insurance, but I expected that. The only reason my rate was the same as my previous insurance was the amount of mileage I put on it yearly, but am still happy since no way would my regular insurance company pay me $17k for a 140,000 mile AP1 if I totaled it

On my other cars, the funny thing is I had Progressive years ago. I dumped them because they doubled my rates out of nowhere with zero explanation. Nothing on my record, etc. But now they quoted the same rate as pretty much all the others.

Quick Reply: "why do you have that insurance company?"