New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

9/9/2011 - KNAPP Sporting Roadster Tour

Old 09-07-2011, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
(time to channel my inner )

Important information for those who plan to do the wine tour on Saturday Morning

The first stop of the Saturday wine tour will be at Rooster Hill Vineyards.

Rooster Hill Vineyards
489 Route 54 South
Penn Yan, New York 14527

We plan on being there at 10:00am sharp, right when they open for tastings. I will be leading the caravan over from the Baldwin House, leaving at 9:00am.

We will not be having lunch until around 1:00 or so, so plan on having breakfast beforehand. It is a long day with lots of wineries to visit. Be sure to get something in you before you start tasting - I don't want anyone passing out halfway through!

Since the schedule can vary, if you plan on meeting up with us later in the day, you'll have to call me to find out where we are and where our next stop is. If you do not have my cell number, shoot me a PM and I'll send it to you.

The (planned) list of wineries we are going to try to visit are:

Rooster Hill
McGregor's
Glenora
Red Newt
Hazlitt
Wagner

From Wagner we will be heading straight to the Baldwin House for the evening festivities.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM.
This should be in the Vineyard Hop thread and I'm having problems doing a copy paste...
Old 09-07-2011, 05:07 PM

Received 682 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1315082899' post='20941519
[quote name='Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1315082287' post='20941506']
i just booked my dog in a kennel for the weekend. i took the tour and it is very good.. plus his vet is there.
i'm pretty excited about this... but i'm so beat from work that i don't know how much fun i'm going to have
Nobody has the route so I don't know what you mean by taking the tour
Only Jeff and I have it, and it is not finalized
You have not run this year's route
I think he means a tour of the kennel where his puppy will be staying while he is at Knapp
[/quote]

This.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 PM

What a day, dodged the weather bullet, people loved the route, sadly many could not make it due to flooding, all in all, I pulled another one off, with the great help from many volunteers, and of course Jeff S2KNFR, now it's time for single malt...
Old 09-10-2011, 08:47 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for your hard work, Doug

Sorry that I had to bail out (no pun intended) due to the 2" of water flowing across my basement on Thurs morning....plus the disaster that I would have encountered on I-81 and the PA Turnpike/ NE ext.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:06 PM

Jerry, hope the house is ok
I had lots of people who were never able to get up here because of 17 and 81
Old 09-11-2011, 06:28 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 148 Posts

Made it to a diner in Albany by 9:11 am and just got home after breakfast. Had a lovely time thanks to everyone and all. Now going back offline to watch the race. Hope everyone else has a safe drive home.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:05 AM

I got home before 6:00, fed the cats and took a nap, got up, started to watch F1 and fell asleep on the sofa, I think at 4:30 there is a rebroadcast.

It's raining here now, but I was able to cut the grass and get one hop vine cultivated before it hit

Great time, great friends, great weather, just great, great, great

And a special tip of the hat TO ALL THOSE that braved the flooding and travelled so far to make the event. Every year I'm. I'm blown away by the attendance, support and appreciation.

THANKS TO EVERYBODY

And holy crap am I tired, I think the stress and lack of sleep is coming back to haunt me in spades...

Old 09-11-2011, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Doug it was a blast! Next year i wont show up with my top on lol
Old 09-11-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 195 Likes on 168 Posts

Nancy is in the other room talking on the phone to Julie (daughter) and I'm evesdropping.

She is reporting (honestly) that she had lots of fun this weekend, and that all you S2000 denizens are so much fun, so nice and so interesting - and that she realy enjoyed the Baldwin House party.

I agree. But I never know if she tells me the truth - but if she tells Julie, then it is, in fact, the truth!

Just to give you an idea of what I mean, we went back to the track this morning to watch the enduro. She didn't get out of the car. I parked so she would have a view of Turn 1 and the Esses, but she was sleeping when I got back to the car. Did she have fun??? How would I know!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bnag0
Thanks Doug it was a blast! Next year i wont show up with my top on lol
Me either

Thank YOU Doug, I hope it was just the stress and lack of sleep talking about not doing this after 2012.

Can you not simply start "recycling" some previous routes? None of us will remember a route exactly only doing it once... feel free to dust off a few and reuse

And Ha (see photo thread) I am moving to WG soon to help with this event and anything else I can get involved with

My first campaign effort will be to get the old course repaved

Quick Reply: 9/9/2011 - KNAPP Sporting Roadster Tour