New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

9/9/2011 - KNAPP Sporting Roadster Tour

Old 09-12-2011, 05:42 AM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I had a conversation with Doug about that at the party. The major issue with that is he can't just blindly
reuse a route because of the ever-changing road conditions, construction, etc. He would still have to do
a lot of driving and planning to make sure whatever route is being used is a good one.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That makes sense but it might help a bit. And after I move I promise to test out some roads for him
Old 09-12-2011, 07:57 AM

Wanted to add it was a pleasure to meet Silly Gilly and his plus one Catherine. Both very nice "kids"
Old 09-12-2011, 08:01 AM

And a review of Colonia Inn downtown WG if anyone is considering this for next year...

Pros: Price was ok - $125 a night. SUPER convenient near Savards, bar, shopping, etc. Owner has a Civic NGV.

Cons:

Room was small and out of date. The shower was tiny and I can't tell you how many times I bumped the shower temperature control knob and either froze or scalded myself. That alone would be reason enough to skip it next year.

When I got kicked out of the state park on Friday night I could not turn left. They told me to "go up and around"... which I did. When I completed a lap of the old course I then found I could still NOT get to my hotel to park.

I had to park the S in a business lot and leave it for and hour and a half until they opened the road.

When I came back from the party Saturday night there was NO parking in the hotel lot and I again had to park in a nearby lot.

NOT happy about the parking AT ALL.

Since I will own a house in WG by this time next year I am not making any reservations at the moment
Old 09-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tadashi
And a review of Colonia Inn downtown WG if anyone is considering this for next year...

Pros: Price was ok - $125 a night. SUPER convenient near Savards, bar, shopping, etc. Owner has a Civic NGV.

Cons:

Room was small and out of date. The shower was tiny and I can't tell you how many times I bumped the shower temperature control knob and either froze or scalded myself. That alone would be reason enough to skip it next year.

When I got kicked out of the state park on Friday night I could not turn left. They told me to "go up and around"... which I did. When I completed a lap of the old course I then found I could still NOT get to my hotel to park.

I had to park the S in a business lot and leave it for and hour and a half until they opened the road.

When I came back from the party Saturday night there was NO parking in the hotel lot and I again had to park in a nearby lot.

NOT happy about the parking AT ALL.

Since I will own a house in WG by this time next year I am not making any reservations at the moment
We get the guest room. Party at Ellens in 2012
Old 09-14-2011, 02:53 AM

May have to settle for a party in an apartment until my S and Fit are paid off

That's about the amount of "extra debt" which is killing me from getting approved for a house loan.

Good parking is my #1 concern for anywhere I move to, other than of course that they allow my furry kids

7 years in July since my first visit... that was about how long I waited to have an S2000. Co-incidence? I think now
Old 09-14-2011, 03:11 AM

I am mailing in my 2012 registration today
Old 09-14-2011, 08:19 AM

Damn work keeps interfering with my moving plans.

It's official - mailman picked up my 2012 KSRT application and it's on the way to Carole

Maybe I can be her assistant part time once I move
Old 09-14-2011, 09:18 AM

Received 195 Likes on 168 Posts

Solo or is Tom committed to moving too? When I was speaking to him, he seemed pretty happy with his position in the mortuary trade. He wasn't making any noises about giving that up for just a lateral move to the Finger Lakes.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 AM

At this point that is the big question. This move is the first thing that has truly inspired me to action since my quest began to own an S2000

It's been a long time since I had a purpose in life

Quick Reply: 9/9/2011 - KNAPP Sporting Roadster Tour