New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Eibach's - my review

Old 08-23-2010, 06:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I run Eibachs on my car as well. The stock height didn't sit well with me and I went with springs over coilovers because I wanted exhaust also. Eibach says that there is no settling period with the ProKit and the drop you get off the lift is what you're stuck with. That is completely wrong. My car continued to lower itself for weeks after the install and it now sits a full 1.25" lower than stock. My fingers are small and I have just a little more than a thumb's width worth of gap in the front. If I don't creep over steep entrances at an angle, I'll grind. Even so, there's some places I just can't go because the entrances are stupidly uneven. Front lip probably doesn't help much.

Cosmetically, it looks 100x better. It changes the whole demeanor of the car and I've gotten lots of compliments on the car's stance. However, it's my feeling that this is exactly what lowering springs are--cosmetic items. Performance-wise, body roll is all but a memory now but the ride is bouncier and my rear is sometimes "squirrely" in high speed corners. I have more "uh oh I hope this holds" moments mid-corner than I used to with the stock setup. I attribute some of this to the Eibach's much stiffer rear spring rate over AP2 specs. Very disappointing that Eibach still hasn't released springs which compensate for the AP2's revised spring rates--they're designed for the AP1. Turn-in is sharper since the stiffer ride yields less deflection upon direction change. In any event, running lowering springs with stock shocks completely disrupts the suspension geometry and I'd say I've traded some handling near the limit for looks.

Would I do it again? Yeah.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm now running stock alignment with the Pro Kit and new DZ101's alot of bump steer IMO. I had run the UK setting with wider tires that was great but tires were smoked in no time. rear -toe and -camber was the downfall.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:01 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark355,Aug 23 2010, 09:38 PM
I run Eibachs on my car as well. The stock height didn't sit well with me and I went with springs over coilovers because I wanted exhaust also. Eibach says that there is no settling period with the ProKit and the drop you get off the lift is what you're stuck with. That is completely wrong. My car continued to lower itself for weeks after the install and it now sits a full 1.25" lower than stock. My fingers are small and I have just a little more than a thumb's width worth of gap in the front. If I don't creep over steep entrances at an angle, I'll grind. Even so, there's some places I just can't go because the entrances are stupidly uneven. Front lip probably doesn't help much.

Cosmetically, it looks 100x better. It changes the whole demeanor of the car and I've gotten lots of compliments on the car's stance. However, it's my feeling that this is exactly what lowering springs are--cosmetic items. Performance-wise, body roll is all but a memory now but the ride is bouncier and my rear is sometimes "squirrely" in high speed corners. I have more "uh oh I hope this holds" moments mid-corner than I used to with the stock setup. I attribute some of this to the Eibach's much stiffer rear spring rate over AP2 specs. Very disappointing that Eibach still hasn't released springs which compensate for the AP2's revised spring rates--they're designed for the AP1. Turn-in is sharper since the stiffer ride yields less deflection upon direction change. In any event, running lowering springs with stock shocks completely disrupts the suspension geometry and I'd say I've traded some handling near the limit for looks.

Would I do it again? Yeah.
Nice review Mark

I enjoyed reading it. From the pros and cons you listed it looks like the cons won out for me. I'll be staying stock but the lowered look is really beautiful.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Aashish. If someone asked me if they should lower their s2k, I'd say this:

If the wheel gap bothers you and you won't mind sacrificing some a little handling, get springs and be done with it. Modest cost if you do the labor yourself. Considerable expense if you take it to a shop. Wouldn't recommend going any lower than 1 - 1.25". People running Skunks with a 2" drop on stock shocks are nuts.

If the car is tracked or you consistently drive like a maniac on the street, invest in coilovers. Major cash involved here but it's a more complete suspension mod. You're better off in the long run.

Now I want a Coastal Metals front splitter to make my front end even less driveway friendly.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's apic of my S,
Old 08-24-2010, 03:16 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 148 Posts

Nice pic Chazz

It's amazing how different and cool the car can look with 1 inch
Old 08-24-2010, 04:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Headchef,Aug 23 2010, 03:09 PM
Doug, where did you buy your springs?
www.autoanything.com
Old 08-24-2010, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by chazdawg35,Aug 23 2010, 07:39 PM
Nice Triple-H ! I have the same set up works GREAT, what alignment are you running stock or Euro?
My alignment specs were created by a pro racecar driver I know and I just don't give them out The UK settings are way better than the US settings, and my set up is one more step aggressive than the UK
In simple terms, the chart printout from the alignment machine from the Honda dealer has almost all of my settings in red, which means they are out of spec
Old 08-24-2010, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2,Aug 23 2010, 07:40 PM
oh! and he wont reveal that info because it will not suit any other car but his
The 1st part is right, I will not give them out
The 2nd part is wrong, they would work for many drivers, but it's a liability issue and a tire wear issue and my car has 60 to 100-pounds more weight on the tail than any of you do
Old 08-24-2010, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by parkerdt,Aug 23 2010, 07:54 PM
Actually, he revealed it to me, Aashish - probably because I have a yellow car
I only gave you a clue, I did not reveal the actual numbers

Quick Reply: Eibach's - my review