New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

James' brand new shit-eating grin!

Old 06-12-2004, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default James' brand new shit-eating grin!

Chris gave James a ride through the course at the drivers' school today. I suspect there were a few but they were very definitely followed by and a few others I forgot or can't find.

Ya never thought going slow could be so much fun, eh??
Old 06-12-2004, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got that right Jeff It was AWESOME I can't wait to get my car back so I can do this I gotta say, it sure doesn't seem slow when you are in the car

Chris, thanks again...That was great.....and Dave, thank you for helping my withdrawel be letting me drive your car today, you rule!!
Jeff, you'll have to take me for a spin sometime as well.....even though you are slower than Chris
Old 06-12-2004, 06:53 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I had a big grin after Jeff gave me a ride today!

I'm not sure Jeff's grinning 'though. My first run after the ride was faster than his!

Hope Sunday goes as well as today. I may finally be knocking on Jeff's door!

Sorry I didn't get to meet James. Introduce yourself next time.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:02 PM

I went to Six Flags Darien Lake today. Now you might ask how does that fit in this topic. Well, they had a go cart course. That was pretty neat. The course wasn't just an oval either, it had turns! Even though the go carts were way toned down so they're not as fast as the real competitive go carts, it was still fun.

I was thinking to my self... Tomorrow, I'll be auto-crossing in a real go cart!
Old 06-12-2004, 08:03 PM

I certainly will, sorry I didn't today. I saw you run a couple of times, but I couldn't get a good look at what you looked like. I really only saw you when Dave and I were leaving. He was driving Chris' Z06 and I was in his S.
I hope to become more frequent at these events, so I'm sure I will get to meet and talk with you soon By the way, I noticed you had some pretty quick runs today I can't wait till I get to drive myself
Old 06-13-2004, 02:41 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by diskoe
I went to Six Flags Darien Lake today.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:18 AM

I love it!!!

Everyone is getting out there to play.

And James, I believe if I understand the rules as Tom K. taught me, what you want is to go for a "slide" with Jeff. If you go for a "spin" then Jeff will have stalled the car, and trust me, as one who has done several "slides" they are more fun...
Old 06-14-2004, 05:31 AM

And the important outcome of Saturday was that I beat the Z06 with the S if you can believe it. I ran 2 very good 48.5's with the Z06 and then ran a 48.2 with the S, although I coned in a straight section This car is amazing!
Old 06-14-2004, 06:14 AM

And the important outcome of Saturday was that I beat the Z06 with the S if you can believe it.
Wow Chris! That's amazing, I should have stuck around for that run too! The Z06 impressed the hell out of me, it's definitely on my "next car list"!

BTW, when you get that Elise I'd really appreciate a ride in that too! You're going to have a seriously negative impact on my bank accounts I think!! Valerie is starting to get worried!

James, you forgot your helmet on Saturday. I have already pawned it off, I got $15 for it. Finders, keepers!

Let me know if you're coming to Log Cabin this week, I'll bring it with me.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:43 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2kfun
And the important outcome of Saturday was that I beat the Z06 with the S if you can believe it.

Quick Reply: James' brand new shit-eating grin!