New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Road Trip!

Old 09-22-2011, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I have a question, the answer I'm looking for is basic, a generalization, make it simple
When you went to bed at night how many places were planned in advance and how many were just pot luck as in we have driven far enough let's find a place to crash?
Old 09-22-2011, 03:23 PM

And... any good road trips have amazing food stops, any special, local meals that were just extraordinary?
Old 09-22-2011, 03:35 PM

As far as the bugs in the grille are concerned, I know the Coastal Metals Grille Insert has not only saved me from this issue, but I'm convinced it saved the radiator when I slammed the deer carcase on the thruway at 70 plus, might be something you consider, it makes cleaning soooo much easier
Old 09-22-2011, 04:02 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
SMUCK I did not even notice until you pointed it out

I'm happy for now only payin' for 16" tires thank you vera much

I needs all the money I can stock pile

The photos and scenery are gorgeous! Looks like a great trip. The mountain goat is adorable, I want to pet him
apologies for going off-topic, but Ellen you should know that there are several good tires in 17" that wont put a hole in your purse.

The Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105 cost $436 per set and Jeff's recommended Sumitomo HTR Z III cost $420 for a set. Sumitomo also has the HTR Z II that costs $370 for a set of 4.

Im not suggesting you go through the expense of buying 17" wheels and tires. Just saying that if you have the chance, an upgrade wont be bad as you will have the right kind of tire (tread width wise) for your car.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:37 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
So I have a question, the answer I'm looking for is basic, a generalization, make it simple
When you went to bed at night how many places were planned in advance and how many were just pot luck as in we have driven far enough let's find a place to crash?
We had reservations for 2 nights near Rushmore, 4 nights at Yellowstone, and 3 nights at Glacier. For the stops on the road, out and back, we winged it. Got burned one night on the way home when we couldn't find a room for 100s of miles. Had to settle for a throwback, 50's era motel that had never been remodeled or updated. Found out later that area is going through a new oil boom and all the rooms are booked by the oil companies.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
And... any good road trips have amazing food stops, any special, local meals that were just extraordinary?
Stayed at the historic Many Glacier Lodge in Glacier park. Dinner that night was in the historic dining room where we were serenaded by a very accomplished violin player. Had an excellent smoked Alaskan Salmon, followed by homemade cheese cake topped in Huckleberry sauce!

Had an amazing upscale meal on the front porch of a historic railway stop/hotel outside of Glacier. Fantastic food. Better sunset over the mountain tops!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where's reagans head? they've had plenty of time to add it.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Foulone
where's reagans head? they've had plenty of time to add it.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:43 AM

Received 323 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Originally Posted by aashish2' timestamp='1316694874' post='20994827
I think the AP2 V3 wheels look awesome on the car. Don't let Ellen or me near it

Love the license plate too
Thanks. I'm really liking the look of the wheels. They are a nice, subtle upgrade. (I have one mod left, Eibach Pro Kit springs, that will go in this winter.)

I almost gave up the vanity plate this year, but have decided to keep it until they force me to get the yellow plates. Then the Solo plates will go on the shop wall.
Wheels look great on the car, I noticed them at first sight, I'm also keeping my old plate as long as I can (I wish it was a vanity plate now), I think the colors match the suzuka better than the gold plates.
Levi
Old 09-23-2011, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1316733602' post='20997135
We had reservations for 2 nights near Rushmore, 4 nights at Yellowstone, and 3 nights at Glacier. For the stops on the road, out and back, we winged it. Got burned one night on the way home when we couldn't find a room for 100s of miles. Had to settle for a throwback, 50's era motel that had never been remodeled or updated. Found out later that area is going through a new oil boom and all the rooms are booked by the oil companies.
That's cool, some planning, and some pot luck
I love both, of course for me the pot luck is easy as I'm only having to take care of the needs of one
Sounds like you broke the trip up nice, I can see why you would want to spend several nihts/days in those areas
And having a great car to play with, you could get out and do some exploring
Sounds like it must have been a wonderful anniversary!

Quick Reply: Road Trip!