New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Track Days - 2014

Old 10-22-2014, 01:58 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by s200059
Looks like its time for the Banquets - I am going to try and make as many as I can but the Ohio event is just too far away.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

North East Divisional Road Racing Championship results
All the points have been updated! Congratulations to following class Champions:

AS - Mark Wheaton, NEng
FV - Guy Pellingham, WNY
HP - Robert Zatz, NEng

ITE - Greg Goss, MoHud
ITR - Ben Phillips, NNJR
P1 - Paul Drula, WDC
SRF - Neil Killey, StCt
ITS - Ray Peterson, StCt

Over 750 different NE drivers participated in the seven race weekends of the Divisional Series. Congrats to all of you for making it the best series in the NE.

To the Champions: You are invited to the Saturday night awards dinner (covered by the Div) at the MiniCon in Malborough,Mass. If you call the hotel they have special rates for SCCA members for the Minicon weekend

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulation Greg on finishing second in ITE the Kryderacing Regional Race Series.Awards will be handed out at the Annual Kryderacing Banquet on Nov. 22, 2014 at A La Cart Catering in Canfield, OH. Cost is $40.00/per person and includes appetizers, beverages (beer, wine and pop) and a buffet dinner. While you do not need to make your banquet reservations immediately, we need to order the awards by Oct. 22. There will be a shipping charge for all awards requested but not picked up at the banquet. Please confirm your request for an award by Oct. 21, 2014.Payment for banquet must be received by Nov. 17 (cash or check). Money will not be collected the night of the banquet. No refunds after Nov. 17.Sandikryderacing@aol.com330-418-3328
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going to be a busy awards season this year.

Final Points for NYSRRC - some familiar MoHud names made the cut,
http://nysrrc.org/ar...05standings.pdf

http://nysrrc.org/ar...41005topten.pdf

[attachment=68275:nysrrc1.jpg]

[attachment=68276:nysrrc2.jpg]

Final North Atlantic Road Racing Championship

http://www.narrc.com...arrc-points.pdf

[attachment=68277:narrc1.jpg]

New England Road Racing Championship

[attachment=68278:nerrc1.jpg]

Attached Thumbnails Track Days - 2014-nysrrc1.jpg   Track Days - 2014-nysrrc2.jpg   Track Days - 2014-narrc1.jpg   Track Days - 2014-nerrc1.jpg  
Old 10-22-2014, 03:11 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

^ more bottles of champagne

Good for you Greg.

If I was the one organizing the Palmer visit, I'd have emailed you for sure. It was a Loose Nut and VSCCA expedition that I tagged along with.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Car is set, charging GoPro now, see you all at LRP tomorrow Don't forget, Jeff and Bianca are buying everyone lunch in the form of pizza.

-Mike
Old 10-23-2014, 06:40 PM

Received 195 Likes on 168 Posts

When I pulled my car onto the trailer, it had a pretty big oil slick underneath and the clutch didn't sound so good.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:49 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
When I pulled my car onto the trailer, it had a pretty big oil slick underneath and the clutch didn't sound so good.
Will you bring the S2000 then?
Old 10-24-2014, 03:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^^
Yikes quarter to 4!
Have fun today
Keep the shiny side up
Hope the oil isn't something too serious Jeff
Old 10-24-2014, 12:07 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Happy to report all S2000s did well as well as the MG.

More once I get home.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:31 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Too tired to write a report and I have a flight to catch early tomorrow. The day went well. I dropped down to Int 1 as nearly all the S2000's were running in it, except for daktruckie. Track was soaked from 3 days of rain and it was raining this AM as I got there. Rain stopped just before we went out and there was a lot of spray for the first run. Second run was tentative as well.

Dried up in the afternoon and the last two runs were a lot of fun. Several S2000's in attendance:
- daktruckie
- tupakbubba
- NoDelta
- John from Long Island (not sure he is signed up on S2KI)
- Tony from New England with a very nice GPW
- Jeff in his MG A with a cheater F20C engine in it
- and myself

Just some pics for now. Videos will be up sometime next week.

Loose Nut Motorsports ran a great first season and I enjoyed the events I did with them. I hope they succeed and I look forward to going with them next season as well.
Ran into Elivan, who was coaching there for the Lime Rock Drivers Club that were alternating use of the track with Loose Nut, and he is looking forward to seeing us back with SCDA at Watkins Glen in July.

At the end of the day, Jeff, daktruckie, NoDelta and myself drove down to the boathouse to toast the end of the season and also to toast NoDelta (Mike) who is engaged to be married in Spring next year. Here's wishing him all the best as well.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like an awesome time! Can't wait to run a full season with you guys next year!
Old 10-24-2014, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the write-up Aashish. Mike in his STI drove me all the way to my house. The morning was very tentative for me, but the 3rd run felt much better. I am afraid that my S/C unit may be fried. I watched the video of the third run and the noise got worse and worse as the session went on. I'm going to go back up tomorrow afternoon with a bit of Rotrex oil that I have. I don't think it is quite enough to get it up to the mid-point of the recommended level, but I think I can get it up write to the minimum level. Unfortunately it may be too late to save the unit if it's been damaged. It's a $2000 unit, but I guess it's the price of tinkering with one of the most reliable power plant in the game. It was great seeing everyone again. Enjoy the winter and see all of you in spring.

Quick Reply: Track Days - 2014