New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Track Days 2017 - Itching to Get on Track

Old 04-28-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here she is gentleman:

Like an idiot I didn't take into account the added space of the halo seat, so the left half of the view is just the seat lol. This was either my last run or second to last run, the go pro has been acting up for some time now. The lack of cars on track made for some nice and clean laps. I managed a best time of 1:48.44. I noticed from the pictures that Aashish took of the car that the splitter doesn't appear to be lined up correctly. So I am going to add a couple of additional support rods as a means of moving it into a more symmetrical position. This combined with a more aggressive alignment and I am confident I can go faster still.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:26 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Great video Shiv. Nice work on carrying speed deeper into corners.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So one of my track days got cancelled (NASA May 19). This normally wouldn't be an issue, except I had purchased "credits" for these days at a discounted priced in November. I paid $245 each for credits worth $295 towards an event ( a $50 savings). I used my first one last weekend. Unfortunately, I have taken all the time off for the summer I can and can not make another track day with NASA and subsequently now can't use my second credit. I emailed Suzan Casella and she informed me that I can sell the credit to another NASA member. I was wondering if anyone would like the $295 credit to a NASA event for $220. This is a $75 discount and an additional $25 off from the original $50 savings (it is worth $295 towards an event). It can be used at any event this year. I just have to email Suzan the name and information of the member and you are good to go. Let me know if anyone has any interest.

Dave
Old 05-01-2017, 08:07 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm supposed to be racing the MG at Lime Rock on Friday & Saturday. Heavy in the forecast for Friday, light for Saturday.

Oh my.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:31 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by xdime00
So one of my track days got cancelled (NASA May 19). This normally wouldn't be an issue, except I had purchased "credits" for these days at a discounted priced in November. I paid $245 each for credits worth $295 towards an event ( a $50 savings). I used my first one last weekend. Unfortunately, I have taken all the time off for the summer I can and can not make another track day with NASA and subsequently now can't use my second credit. I emailed Suzan Casella and she informed me that I can sell the credit to another NASA member. I was wondering if anyone would like the $295 credit to a NASA event for $220. This is a $75 discount and an additional $25 off from the original $50 savings (it is worth $295 towards an event). It can be used at any event this year. I just have to email Suzan the name and information of the member and you are good to go. Let me know if anyone has any interest.

Dave
Dave - I'm not planning for any NASA NE events this season.

Reach out to Shiv and Mike (daktruckie). One of them should be interested. Alternatively also post up on the NASA NE HPDE Facebook group. Someone there may be interested too. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:33 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
I'm supposed to be racing the MG at Lime Rock on Friday & Saturday. Heavy in the forecast for Friday, light for Saturday.

Oh my.
That should be fun. Unfortunately my Saturday list filled up with tasks. I'll also be preparing to leave for Watkins Glen on Sunday, otherwise I'd definitely stop by to spectate. Good luck to you and I'm sure the racing gods will be with you.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:55 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90

Oh my.
Have fun racing tomorrow and Saturday. I wish I could come. But good luck and I hope you get the better of your nemesis. We also need another thread for the new MG season on track, after following your adventures in the off season.

BTW, sent you a text and an email. Please check if you have a spare moment.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:49 PM

Here are a few pics I was able to obtain from the Rud event at Palmer:

Old 05-05-2017, 03:25 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Great pics Shiv. That will be the cleanest you will ever see the BRZ. Intend to drive it hard and put it away wet.

That link Scott shared doesn't open for me. Does one need a Flickr account?
Old 05-05-2017, 03:28 PM

Haha thats how racecars were intended to be! I believe the link that Scott sent out is broken. He's working on getting a working one set up. There were only limited photos posted, but the photographer said he has more that he will be posting as well. These were all the ones of our s2k crowd that I found posted so far. P.S. the brz needs to be slammed and get a wing