New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Track Days 2017 - Itching to Get on Track

Old 05-21-2017, 09:54 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 148 Posts

^ maybe
Old 05-21-2017, 10:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad the tire was able to be patched and you got home nice and sound. As Paul mentioned, the wonders of a trailer. Actually if you rocked a tire trailer of sorts you could carry 2 sets of wheels and ample tools and spare brake components with ease. After seeing the amount of spares and miscellaneous components Greg carries, I definitely realized a deficiency in what I was bringing with me. Couldn't even bolt my exhaust back together without raiding Greg's trailer. Time for me to step it up.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:03 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Mr. Osprey - tell us about your weekend at Summit Point
Old 05-22-2017, 08:16 AM

Received 195 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
Mr. Osprey - tell us about your weekend at Summit Point

A fellow named John Ledutsacos (sp??) from New Hampshire was there with Jeff Daigle's former MG Midget. He was a friend of my friend, Eric Russell (MGA #61). He was going to the VRG drivers' school on Wednesday and Thursday, and planed to be racing in my group once the school was over. His engine was spewing oil, so he finished the school in Eric's car - which was running my old motor on loan. Eric's car, however, not running right, but John managed to complete the school. Then he acted as my crew chief. By Lord, I needed him! He and I were working full time to keep my car on track.

Several of my races were tarnished by brake problems, with the last race having both brake and throttle problems. But I still managed to get in some "stimulating" laps.

Got home last night about 9:30. Very tired.

Report to follow, but already hard to remember everything that happened. Sadly, I accidentally blew away the Aim Solo data on my best, most consistent, run.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:22 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Glad you had help when you needed it most.

I'll look forward to your report. Daigle was at Palmer instructing with Chin. His student was driving a modified Mitsubishi Evo and Jeff seems to be very happy with her performance.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:24 PM

Received 195 Likes on 168 Posts

Ah, my Aim Solo data might be gone, but my lap times for the lost race are preserved on SpeedHive.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:31 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Skip Barber racing school files for bankruptcy - I wonder if they will survive and hope they do

Skip Barber Racing Files for Bankruptcy; Owes Lime Rock Park $1.2 Million - The Drive
Old 05-22-2017, 03:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
Skip Barber racing school files for bankruptcy - I wonder if they will survive and hope they do

Skip Barber Racing Files for Bankruptcy; Owes Lime Rock Park $1.2 Million - The Drive
When Greg was here for the track day I spoke to one of my old instructors who led me to believe that its been a long time coming
Old 05-22-2017, 03:40 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by pgss2k
When Greg was here for the track day I spoke to one of my old instructors who led me to believe that its been a long time coming
I feel for the staff there. The coaches who've always been excellent, the people in sales and the team of mechanics who keep the MX-5s running well long after support from Mazda ended.

On another note, I met an instructor named Bruce at Chin who had on a Boston BMW shirt. I asked if he knew you and he said he did. Is this the Bruce Bergeron you once had me reach out to, to ask if I could run the S2000 with them? He said he knew you well and that Anne and you are missed very much.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
I feel for the staff there. The coaches who've always been excellent, the people in sales and the team of mechanics who keep the MX-5s running well long after support from Mazda ended.

On another note, I met an instructor named Bruce at Chin who had on a Boston BMW shirt. I asked if he knew you and he said he did. Is this the Bruce Bergeron you once had me reach out to, to ask if I could run the S2000 with them? He said he knew you well and that Anne and you are missed very much.
Most likely it was BB. He is/was very active with Boston but is a White Mnt Chapter(NH) guy. We came up through instructing together. Very nice guy.