New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread - 2022 and Beyond

Old 05-13-2024, 04:11 AM
Community Organizer

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
At some point this week I have to bite the bullet and get the S2000 back on the road. The weather has not been great the last few weeks, but I have it scheduled to go in for its state inspection this weekend.

I have so many things I need to do from a maintenance perspective, but no time to do any of it.
saratoga is beautiful this time of year...
Old 05-13-2024, 04:29 AM

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
At the Honda dealer for the annual inspection for the Ridgeline. They have a new Prologue on the lot. Seems small in person. Also has the absolute tiniest wiper blade on the rear that I've ever seen!

My wife and I are about to upgrade her 2014 Pilot to a 2025 Pilot Elite
Old 05-13-2024, 06:34 AM

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
saratoga is beautiful this time of year...
I'd love to schedule something with you. Not sure if SWMBO would be ok with me being gone for a couple of days leaving her with the kiddo.
Old 05-20-2024, 04:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

Finally got my car out this weekend and did some cruising around. Man, i love this car.

It's been a long time since we had an s2k drive, i think i'd like to put one together this year. I hope there will be enough interest
The following 3 users liked this post by jsenclosure:
fullbackS2 (05-20-2024), NNY S2k (05-20-2024), robb (05-21-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 08:26 AM

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

Well, the S passed inspection this weekend, so I had a bit of an opportunity to drive around. I love the first drive of the season because it always reminds me of just how enjoyable this car is.

I definitely have a favorite sibling. Nobody tell the Type R.
The following users liked this post:
robb (05-23-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 05:07 AM

Received 196 Likes on 169 Posts

AARGH.

It's buried in the back of the barn, but I tried to get Aashish's car out yesterday. Couldn't get it started and clutch pedal to the floor. I don't know if battery is original to the car (2006), but I was pretty sure it was dead. It was on a battery tender all winter. Initially, my plan was to jump it, but I'm not so sure that a modern car (Nancy's Honda) can be safely used to jump start a dead battery.

So, I decided to pull the battery and take it to the Autozone for a replacement. By then it was close to 8:45 p.m., so perhaps a project for this morning. Well, once I pulled it, I decided to see if it needed fluid. Four cells seemed to be bone dry, so I added H2O and put it on the charger overnight. Thought I would give it a try this morning, so back to the barn and installed the battery. I was able to start the car.

Now the problem was whether I could get the car in gear with the clutch issue. I had done some forum reading overnight, and slowly pumped the clutch pedal about 20 times. Clutch pressure sort of came back. Instead of the clutch going to the floor, It seemed develop enough resistance at about half pedal.

Now of course, I had forgotten how to shift the car into reverse. Aashish has one of those aftermarket cue ball shifters with no indication of the shift pattern or where reverse is or how to engage it. I puzzled over that for at least 8 minutes, but eventually figured out that I needed to press the shifter down to find reverse.

I moved the car in the direction of the barn door, but left it there as I needed to come home to get the Volvo, as I intend to swap the Volvo for the S. (The Volvo's reputation is such that it could never make it to Upstate NY in less than several days!)

If I can go Upstate this weekend, I will need to drive the S, as the Toyota is under the knife. I'm hoping the parts come in today's mail. But it will be a two day project, minimum to get it back together, as I am pretty deep into the engine. My race weekend next weekend depends on me completing the work. And then I'll have to go back Upstate as I left the car hauler trailer at LP. What a dope!

Last edited by blueosprey90; 05-24-2024 at 05:11 AM.
Old 05-25-2024, 03:34 AM

Received 326 Likes on 276 Posts

^^^Sounds like you've been busy Jeff, At least if you make it to Lincoln Pond this weekend you should have decent weather.
Levi
Old 05-26-2024, 05:06 AM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
Finally got my car out this weekend and did some cruising around. Man, i love this car.

It's been a long time since we had an s2k drive, i think i'd like to put one together this year. I hope there will be enough interest
Had mine out a few weeks ago to chase parts for the Tacoma. This is my favorite car to drive of all of our cars. For over 10 years now about all it gets driven is for our trips to visit family and friends. It seems that there are to many things that need doing there isn't time to go for just pleasure drives.
Tacoma had play in the steering, utube search showed rag joint failure. Don't trust utube. It was the rubber piece where the steering shaft goes through the firewall. At least I got to drive the Honda twice.
The following users liked this post:
NNY S2k (05-26-2024)
Old 05-27-2024, 11:58 AM

Received 196 Likes on 169 Posts

Well, I ran Aashish's car up to Upstate on Saturday evening and back today. Yes, indeed, the car is a pleasure to drive. Too bad most of the trip north of Albany is on the Northway. But still had fun with the accelerator and the good radio.

Now, I have a few hours to finish the engine on the 4Runner. Then if it runs. back up north to pick up the trailer for the race car.
Old 05-27-2024, 02:52 PM

Received 326 Likes on 276 Posts

^^^Unless you're in a hurry Rt 9N is always a good ride.
Levi