New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Weight Loss Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:16 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

yet again stating the obvious...

Old 10-24-2011, 09:19 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BobSaget
spend 20 minutes per day making yourself sweat.
That is how I lost the first 30lbs.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you dont like my advice then dont use it. But it worked for me and a million others. If you think there is some bullshit secret easy formula for losing weight, you are SOL. Its simple but not easy. Diet and exercise. And hours spent flexing in the bathroom mirror...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2011, 09:32 AM

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Never had any problems with weight till 5 years ago.

The ol' metabolism decided to put the brakes on - and quick! Used to be able to eat anything I wanted.

I'm sure I could drop the extra weight if I cut beer out of my diet...but who would want to do that?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:36 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

If you dont like my advice then dont use it. But it worked for me and a million others. If you think there is some bullshit secret easy formula for losing weight, you are SOL. Its simple but not easy. Diet and exercise. And hours spent flexing in the bathroom mirror...

Dude, its not like no one here is aware of what you've stated. Take a deep breath. This thread as another one in the past is a support thread for those that are thinking of losing weight.

Coming in here and stating the obvious (about eating too much) using profanity is not encouraging and may discourage others participation in this thread. I understand its the internet and you can freely speak your mind, but whats the point of speaking freely only to be neg repped and reviled.

You seem to have lost a lot of weight so good for you. Just try to be encouraging and positive of others that are losing weight.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:46 AM

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Oh, and this might be helpful too. It shows the amount of sugar in commonly consumed foods & drinks:

http://www.banquetsandcatering.net/b...nt-sugar-food/

Man, the 2nd to last picture (Mountain Dew) is really screwing with me. Mountain Dew is a vice of mine. I need to cut down.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:05 AM

Im not from Honda Tech.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:57 AM

Received 2,798 Likes on 1,639 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
Oh, and this might be helpful too. It shows the amount of sugar in commonly consumed foods & drinks:

http://www.banquetsandcatering.net/b...nt-sugar-food/

Man, the 2nd to last picture (Mountain Dew) is really screwing with me. Mountain Dew is a vice of mine. I need to cut down.
Mountain Dew is poison. Caffeine and calories. I just decided I drink too much Diet Coke. Mostly caffeine free, but still too much. In the last few days I cut my consumption in half, switching over to Crystal Lite. It still has artificial sweeetners, but I'm hoping it's slightly less bad for me than Diet Coke.

The older you get, the harder it is to lose weight. That old metabolism really slows down.

Gotta eat less move more. It is difficult to find something you like for the "moving" part.

We like to walk, but the weather is about to curtail that activity. I'm a wimp when it's cold. Years ago I went to an aerobic dance class, it was fun, but I got tired of it. However, I didn't want to be a couch potato this winter. I decided to see what's out there. Turns out the instructor is back at it again, so I joined her class. Lots of fun, and you forget that it's exercise.

+1 hits the treadmill when I'm at the class,(twice a week) then we have dinner when I get home. Chicken or something light and some veggies. Cutting calories sucks, but you gotta do it.

I'm going to make it a point to shoot for a walk or some exercise over the weekends, even when it's cold.

Eat less, move more = slow weight loss; the most healthy way to lose weight, and keep it off, however it can be very frustrating waiting for results on the scale.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:18 AM

How is caffeine bad for losing weight? I always thought those "fat burning" pills had tons of caffeine which is supposed to boost your metabolism.

I agree with the sugar part, unless you can burn it right away during exercise its horrible for your blood sugar. I need to cut down on my nightly beer intake but I would rather run 20 extra miles than switch to light beer.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:22 AM

Received 2,798 Likes on 1,639 Posts

How is caffeine bad for losing weight? I always thought those "fat burning" pills had tons of caffeine which is supposed to boost your metabolism.

I agree with the sugar part, unless you can burn it right away during exercise its horrible for your blood sugar. I need to cut down on my nightly beer intake but I would rather run 20 extra miles than switch to light beer.

Didn't say caffeine was bad for weight loss. Just too much of it, supposedly isn't good. Soda= empty calories. Beer isn't much better.