NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Best place to buy video games?

Old 02-27-2013, 11:34 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

I'll have to look its been so long, I have football which was awesome cause all the plays were hidden in the controller, so you don't have to turn your head when your on defense lol
Old 02-27-2013, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deception
Originally Posted by mndthegap1' timestamp='1361976597' post='22367501
Speaking of which, I have an amazing condition Sega dreamcast with tons of extras if any1 is interested
tony do you have the game Vanishing point? best car game ever
I've got that
Old 02-27-2013, 04:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BLacK FirE
Can't believe how many people are recommending GameStop. I guess you guys really don't shop around. GameStop has the worst pricing around, gives you dirt for trading games in and their stock almost never goes on sale. You're better selling your used games on ebay. I bought one game for $40, then sold it on ebay a month later for $38. Buying wise I get all mine at amazon, new egg when they have sales and same with target. I'd also keep a watch on slickdeals.net. They always have videogame stuff posted up when games go on sale.
I agree with everything you said.

Originally Posted by Deception
Originally Posted by mndthegap1' timestamp='1361976597' post='22367501
Speaking of which, I have an amazing condition Sega dreamcast with tons of extras if any1 is interested
tony do you have the game Vanishing point? best car game ever
Who cares about that. What about Sega Bass Fishing?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:35 PM

J&R is pretty old school, its my first purchase from them and possibly my last. Their warranty is only 14 days so I have to make sure this thing doesnt crap out on me after a couple hrs of use. Thats why I played MW3 for 4 hrs straight lol.

Btw MW3 isn't as good as black ops 2. Are there any other recommended ps3 games?
Old 03-28-2013, 05:12 AM

Can't believe how many people are recommending GameStop. I guess you guys really don't shop around. GameStop has the worst pricing around, gives you dirt for trading games in and their stock almost never goes on sale. You're better selling your used games on ebay. I bought one game for $40, then sold it on ebay a month later for $38.

Buying wise I get all mine at amazon, new egg when they have sales and same with target. I'd also keep a watch on slickdeals.net. They always have videogame stuff posted up when games go on sale.
Normally I do shop around but yeah lately time is very limited. Wish I could spare the time and energy to do the eBay thing but career is consuming me whole lol. I have sold tons of stuff via CL and amazon when I had the time.

I will however take your advice and buy from Amazon better than GameStop. Your right about them not being the best but they do offer convenience and it works for some.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:45 AM

Amazon is even more convenient especially with a Prime account. At your door in 2 days.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:46 AM

Amazon is even more convenient especially with a Prime account. At your door in 2 days.
Yes indeed. Just signed up. Saves me the trip up the block and the wait behind some grandma trying to get her grandkids the latest game lol

Question about Prime. For the free two day shipping fulfilment has to be by Amazon right?
Old 03-30-2013, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
Yes indeed. Just signed up. Saves me the trip up the block and the wait behind some grandma trying to get her grandkids the latest game lol

Question about Prime. For the free two day shipping fulfilment has to be by Amazon right?
For the most part yes. Sometimes though other's will offer it. When you're searching for something you'll now be able to filter by prime eligible stuff if you want.