NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

PS4, xbox 1, or current

Old 11-20-2013, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PS4, xbox 1, or current

Anyone upgrading their gaming systems? I have the ps3 at the moment and I don't have any complaints except for glitchers in all the call of duty games (multiplayer mode). But that's a different topic. I think I might go with the ps4 eventually.

Which game(s) are you looking forward to in your current or new console?
Old 11-20-2013, 05:10 PM

Ps3 or ps4 you will always have glitchers thats the gamers not the game. As far as upgrading i dont think right now its worth it. The new systems so far only have a select few launch titles while the rest are just ports of current gen games. Plus its best to wait a while for the bugs to get workedout as well as see what peoples real thoughts on them are once the initial joy wears off
Old 11-21-2013, 03:31 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

i should be receiving my XB1 tomorrow. http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xb..._Launch_Titles current list of launch titles.

ill be getting forza 5 of course and COD right off the bat. Titan Fall, the Division and dead rising are the other games im waiting for.

im sure there will be some bugs, mostly now that XBox has set up dedicated servers. but lets see ill give you guys a review when i receive it. im also excited that its now a media hub as well. also nice that it doubles as a cable box over lay for fios.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:02 AM

I'm definitely gonna wait also to avoid the bugs and crap before I purchase the ps4. Let us know how the xb1 performs and if it's really worth every penny.

I should've mentioned this in my first post, which Tv's are recommended mostly for gaming and sports? Plasma/led/lcd/opp?

I need to buy a new tv asap and can't figure out which to buy but I do know I want a 32" tv.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:12 AM
Community Organizer

well it depends what kind of gaming you will do. i will be buying a monitor. generally you want something that has a good response time. most tv's are within the 2-3ms delay. for first person shooting you want that number low. refresh rates are also something to look at.

http://toptengamer.hubpages.com/hub/Top-Gaming-Monitor

nice little article to help you decide. generally you want something that will do everything well. i will be buying my monitor strictly for gaming. i hope that the XB1 will support dual monitors. we shall see.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:59 AM

Plasmas are done don't even bother and lcd is soon to follow but still has some time left. LED is nicer and from what I have seen. check cnet for some nice reviews and of course spend a nice bit of time in bestbuy checking them out but check the lighting, settings and placement (viewing angle) of how the have them. Lots of times they will set the settings to shit or place it in matter that will look better than what it really is. In any case my brand of choice has been Samsung since they always include a generous amount of connectivity and have been reliable as hell for me.

In terms of gaming systems I am waiting till price drops. I cannot justify wasting money on a buggy item that while definitely drop in price within a year. Then again.. I am not a huge gamer.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:31 AM

My buddy used to play on a monitor and he also recommended I do the same for fps but I don't want to buy a monitor for just gaming, I need a TV.

Is there any brand tv you recommend that would be just as good or close to as one of the monitors mentioned in the link?

Also, I read somewhere that plasma Tv's are better for gaming over led tv's. It's kinda hard to decide which type to go with but I do know I'm gonna purchase it from best buy, if it doesn't perform well I'm returning that b*tch lol

I was told, samsung and Lg are the best Tv's to go with
Old 11-22-2013, 09:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ill be waiting a year before getting ps4 at least, ps3 still has games coming out well into 2014. And to be honest I wasnt that impressed by what I saw of PS4, the difference will not be nearly as big as PS2 to PS3 was.
Go with an LED TV, you can get a 120hz 60" Sharp or Samsung for under $1000 right now
Old 11-24-2013, 03:47 AM
Community Organizer

so yeah ive had it for a day. wow i couldnt stop! Forza 5 wow!!!! there has been small cases of xb1 consoles having a defective hardware for CD's. but the network was up and running quite well. the drivatar profiles are the best "AI" i have ever played against. the graphics needless to say is amazing. the controller ergo is spot on. the voice command features work pretty well. over all im really happy with it. ask me any questions you might have about it.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Deception
ill be waiting a year before getting ps4 at least, ps3 still has games coming out well into 2014. And to be honest I wasnt that impressed by what I saw of PS4, the difference will not be nearly as big as PS2 to PS3 was.
Go with an LED TV, you can get a 120hz 60" Sharp or Samsung for under $1000 right now
I would like to hold onto the ps3 also but I'm afraid it won't be worth much in another year. I still have a ps2, and a wii collecting dust.

I think 60" tv would have a lot of input lag for the first person shooter/twitch games I play. I wanna buy a 32" tv but it's tough to decide.

What's the noticeable difference between the xbox and xb1?

Quick Reply: PS4, xbox 1, or current