NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Need a proxy server

Old 07-29-2009, 04:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need a proxy server

Ok so the IT pencil pushers blocked s2ki on our work computer. I worked at a school board of ed in nj. Can u guys give some suggestions as to where I can go to get on s2ki from? I tried myproxy.com
I guess they blocked that too
Old 07-29-2009, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a bit involved but you could setup a proxy at your home computer assuming you have a broad band. Then all of your network traffic would be encrypted so your employer wouldn't be able to tell anything other then your connecting to said IP address (your home computer). This would actually be a lot safer too. I don't know what you use the work computer for but if you didn't already know they know everything you are doing including your pass codes !
Old 07-29-2009, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have a laptop or home pc, log into
www.logmein.com
set it up and d/l the program.
basicly its what Jacko says but you log in to your home computer from work and use the home computer for everything....
I used to do this while I was at work.
just make sure noone is using the computer at home, or it will freak them out slightly seeing the mouse move and windows open n close.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacko,Jul 29 2009, 01:45 PM
I don't know what you use the work computer for but if you didn't already know they know everything you are doing including your pass codes !

personal e-mails sent and received, web sites you've visited, chat sessions/IM you've had while there...all can be read by most employers.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:52 AM

As a guy who works in IT who controls the internet access at my site... I wouldn't do it. We block all proxies and record every connection. Even if you find a proxy to use to mask your connection to s2ki, you won't be able to mask your connection to the proxy. If your IT guy is paying attention that will throw up all sorts of red flags. It won't end good.

Take it from a guy who's had people fired for thinking they could outsmart the system, it isn't worth it. Would you rather be employed or read message boards?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by stitos2k,Jul 29 2009, 01:52 PM
As a guy who works in IT who controls the internet access at my site... I wouldn't do it. We block all proxies and record every connection. Even if you find a proxy to use to mask your connection to s2ki, you won't be able to mask your connection to the proxy. If your IT guy is paying attention that will throw up all sorts of red flags. It won't end good.

Take it from a guy who's had people fired for thinking they could outsmart the system, it isn't worth it. Would you rather be employed or read message boards?
haha thanks for the heads up.
Seems like it's def not worth the headache
I'll just settle for connecting thru my Iphone.