NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Official Metro 2016/17 NFL thread

Old 08-02-2016, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All good points however when we faced teams with a riled up defense like we did last year Oakland, Houston and Buffalo ... we had bad days.

We face Arizona, Seattle, Bangles, Bills... All teams with quick and crazy defenses. We need to step up our offensive game. The first few games are against good defenses and mostly road games. The good thing is Bowles knows Arizona and Seattle well. Man this season is going to be an intense one for sure.

So you think Fitz will get knocked out or benched?

Our O-line will make or break us this year. I wish we had Faneca and Young Mangold/Brick days again lol

Forte is going to work out great as long as he stays healthy. I think he can. Most guys do when they come to the Jets like LT did. I don't want to only rely on Forte and Decker though. That will be predictable. Smith, Enunwa and Thompkins need to step it up as well.

ITS GONNA BE GOOD!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2016, 08:44 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I think at some point Fitz is going to miss a game or exit mid game due to injury. unless he learns to slide, even then something is going to happen at some point. Hes a old guy with a unproven O line.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Topplayer
I think at some point Fitz is going to miss a game or exit mid game due to injury. unless he learns to slide, even then something is going to happen at some point. Hes a old guy with a unproven O line.
Oh you mean because of stuff like this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmgNjki2Xk8

and my favorite lol

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...yard-touchdown
Old 08-24-2016, 05:02 AM

Finally able to watch the Jets vs Skins game and wow... Geno looked worst than ever. Petty has a gun of an arm and outshined him big time.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:52 AM

Geno might get cut,
remember petty only did it vs some players that will not even make a NFL roster.
Geno SUCKED vs 2nd->3rd rounders

I think I would like to keep geno on the roster, even tho he sucks.

Henry use this to be able to watch the game!!
https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/
Old 08-25-2016, 05:11 AM
Community Organizer

Received 220 Likes on 141 Posts

Geno is done, y'all. Didn't you guys draft Hackenberg?
Old 08-25-2016, 06:17 AM

Geno might get cut,remember petty only did it vs some players that will not even make a NFL roster.Geno SUCKED vs 2nd->3rd roundersI think I would like to keep geno on the roster, even tho he sucks.Henry use this to be able to watch the game!!https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/
He looked so out of place against nobody. Hugely disappointing.

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Geno is done, y'all. Didn't you guys draft Hackenberg?
Yes. Fitz is starter. Geno and Petty are battling for #2. Hackenberg will hold a clip board and get limited time as he progressively learns. I love that plan. No need to make a mistake and rush his development. He can look at what not to be when watching Geno and get good insight from Fitz. The current QB situation is finally making more sense than it has in recent years. It's not the best but well planned out. In Mac and Bowles we trust.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Community Organizer

Received 220 Likes on 141 Posts

I think geno has a much higher ceiling than fitz, even tho fitz is a safer choice.

Geno might get cut,
remember petty only did it vs some players that will not even make a NFL roster.
Geno SUCKED vs 2nd->3rd rounders

I think I would like to keep geno on the roster, even tho he sucks.

Henry use this to be able to watch the game!!
https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/
Old 08-26-2016, 08:19 AM

still hold true with what I said, Geno has the higher ceiling but the lower floor than fitz LOL

and Hack is a work in progress, maybe 1-2 years well see him. I think they want to really develop him first. I like the idea. I think its better to build than to just chuck them in (unless they have REAL talent)
Old 08-29-2016, 05:07 AM

still hold true with what I said, Geno has the higher ceiling but the lower floor than fitz LOL

and Hack is a work in progress, maybe 1-2 years well see him. I think they want to really develop him first. I like the idea. I think its better to build than to just chuck them in (unless they have REAL talent)
Geno will require a lot of work to progress and from the signs of it I just don't see the potential you are seeing. LOL

It really looks like we are building for future and Mac has a good grasp of handling the money to make sure it's more of long term progression than just a year or two.

Quick Reply: Official Metro 2016/17 NFL thread