NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Official Metro MLB 2013

Old 03-30-2013, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GRUNTS2K
There isn't. He just put that title so the thread doesn't get removed to off topic where it belongs. Which reminds me IBTL or IBTM!

^ This

Typical Yankee fans lol Nice try. No need to delete or lock. It is just moved. OP, feel free to change the title if you wish to make others aware that it is an official Yankee thread.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sigh. One of the most popular threads each year when left in the main forum and it gets stuffed in the corner away from the main community. Logical but frustrating.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yup. Don't get why certain CO's care so much about moving it. Really isn't a need for CO moderation in metro at all. Should simply create meets etc.

Anyways lets go Yankees. Hopefully I can make it to some games this year!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:18 AM

A Yankee fan wants a Yankee thread in general section. A Tattoo fan wants a tattoo thread there too, a boxing fan, a basketball fan.. and so on and so on. Before you know it everyone who thinks they deserve whatever they like in general section it will be full of random content that has nothing to do with an s2000. New people come into Metro everyday and find it helpful for a reason. If you don't think so or can't comprehend CO moderation and it's importance... That's on you Moddiction.

This is a Yankee thread and if you need to say more take it to PM and invite a moderator while your at it.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Former Sponsor

That's how metro used to be and was great. Only reason the subforums came about was from when metro had the stupid nj/ LI beef thing going on and HondaGal came over and out those in.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:34 PM

Anyway...

So Skip Bayless tweeted something to the effect of the Yanks going into this season just like everyone else.. Not sure if they will win it.

Why would he say that? I don't think the Yanks will ever be worst off then the Mets.. Or will they?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:33 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

the whole OT is kinda silly for metro. In all of march there were 3off topic threads started, in all february there was another 3.

OT exisits because COs didn't want to clog the main forum with OT threads, with 6 topics started over the last 2 months how can that clog anything up? Help me understand why we have this.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Former Sponsor

I agree. If Metro main forum was crazy busy with 20+ threads a day started it would make sense. With how it is now and the OT subforum basically dead it should be removed.
I for one NEVER look in the off topic subforum when visiting the Metro forum as I know it is a dead forum section.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Game on.

Andy, I understand your frustration. No offense to the guys @ 234 but this thread has tons of OT posts.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/913...#entry22440525
Old 04-01-2013, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by S2KNJ
the whole OT is kinda silly for metro. In all of march there were 3off topic threads started, in all february there was another 3.

OT exisits because COs didn't want to clog the main forum with OT threads, with 6 topics started over the last 2 months how can that clog anything up? Help me understand why we have this.
The point is that everyone will start to post whatever in the general section. Just because you think the Yankees are the best team in the world there are others that don't care to see it in general. Last time we had a poll and guess what... the numbers voted it to go into the off topic.

As for the 234 thread it is full of stuff including meets and tech days. Does it have tons of BS .. yeah sure but it is a central location for a group within Metro that consistently show up to meets and tech days all related to the s2000. Anyone that has been to 234 will let you know that we work on our cars (s2000) and set up tech days and we take turns helping each other out on the cars (s2000). The proof is in the pictures. We at one point even had a for sale thread to help pay for bbq's. There was a question about one of the members not being a paid member so I locked it up despite a mod telling me I didn't have to. Rules are rules and we all have to live by them.

If you still can't understand... I don't know what else to tell you. I don't see you guys being so up front when a Tattoo or MMA thread gets moved only with the Yankee thread. This is clearly one sided on your part. If this will turn into a bitching thread I will lock up and we can start an official Yankee thread to stay on topic.

Quick Reply: Official Metro MLB 2013