NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Really Knicks?! Felton over Lin?!

Old 07-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and drose is a league mvp, 3 time all star
Old 07-17-2012, 09:45 AM

actually, Lin averaged something like 15 points, 6 assists a game. In his, for all intents and purposes, rookie season. Against play-off contenders, former champs and the defending champs. But then again, the 2 players are not comparable.

I'm not comparing elite PGs to Lin because he's not an elite PG (yet or if ever). What I'm saying is, even elite PGs don't produce like that on every single night so it is unfair to expect Lin to continue putting up those numbers on a nightly basis.

But back on topic, yes, Felton over Lin is a poor choice.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:14 AM

but thats the thing...lin didnt do that on a nightly basis, he did it for a month

let him put up 15 pts 6 assists for 82 nights, then MAYBE he'll be worth 40% of what houston is offering
Old 07-17-2012, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by driver #8
but thats the thing...lin didnt do that on a nightly basis, he did it for a month

let him put up 15 pts 6 assists for 82 nights, then MAYBE he'll be worth 40% of what houston is offering
yeah, i don't disagree with you, like I said, he's not proven for a full season. But, the potential is there. The thing is, I really don't believe money (luxury taxes, etc) is the issue that people make it out to be (based on his marketability and the revenue he's generated for the Knicks in this season alone at the steal of a price they got him for). Also, Dolan's got deep pockets and has a history of spending freely.. more often on garbage than not.

Not to mention, this whole debacle could have been avoided had Dolan just signed him sooner..
Old 07-17-2012, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know where you guys are getting your facts from...He averaged 15 points per game with games he was thrown in for 2 minutes. The 25 games he started he averaged closer to 20/8.

See game log:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...299/jeremy-lin
Old 07-17-2012, 12:38 PM

yeah, i'm talking all the games he played in this season, not just the ones he started.. although, it's probably better to only take into consideration the games he started in. Still, can't compare him to elite PGs yet, even with those #s.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by sunman
yeah, i'm talking all the games he played in this season, not just the ones he started.. although, it's probably better to only take into consideration the games he started in. Still, can't compare him to elite PGs yet, even with those #s.
That's why you can't compare his averaged stats over the season. Playing for 3 garbage minutes gives you additional games of zero stats which lower your overall ratings. Its like playing 1 minute in 9 games doing nothing but dribbling; and then playing a whole game scoring 30 points. Your average will be 3 points-per-game.

If you look at his Points Per Minute - it is up to par with a good point guard. Not Rondo/CP3/Wade numbers, but very good numbers for a "rookie"
Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by acn684
Originally Posted by sunman' timestamp='1342557497' post='21867569
That's why you can't compare his averaged stats over the season. Playing for 3 garbage minutes gives you additional games of zero stats which lower your overall ratings. Its like playing 1 minute in 9 games doing nothing but dribbling; and then playing a whole game scoring 30 points. Your average will be 3 points-per-game.

If you look at his Points Per Minute - it is up to par with a good point guard. Not Rondo/CP3/Wade numbers, but very good numbers for a "rookie"
Yes, he had a lot of garbage minutes before the Nets game.. he actually played a good amount of minutes in the previous 2 games before that, but didn't put up outstanding numbers. What's funny is, most of those times in the garbage minutes when he'd go in, he would pick up an assist or 2 and a steal -- this was when Douglas was running the point.. It was so obvious that he was such a better fit to run the team than TD (Which isn't saying much).

BTW, Wade isn't a PG, more of a combo guard if anything.

Also, good read below, which addresses the 85% bullshit that Steven A. Smith came up with as well as other things like money, etc.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ive/index.html
Old 07-18-2012, 12:02 PM

Sometimes 26 games is all that takes for any GM to possibly take a risk on a PG. Having known that, Dolan should've just gave him a contract before this whole thing could've went down. Considering also Houston basically unloaded there back court, they were pretty much at this point desperate. I am sold on this kid? Not completely but hopefully this season he will have a chance to prove himself with a full season. I don't have to worry about the Mike Woodson offense of Melo ISOs all day.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by acn684
Don't know where you guys are getting your facts from...He averaged 15 points per game with games he was thrown in for 2 minutes. The 25 games he started he averaged closer to 20/8.

See game log:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...299/jeremy-lin
i was looking at his career stats...via nba.com

personally, i dont care if at first all he was doing was playing garbage time, if he was good he would've been starting since day one...

did D.Rose EVER play garbage time?

linsanity lasted for 3 weeks, NY needs to get over it already

Quick Reply: Really Knicks?! Felton over Lin?!