NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Working Out

Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 PM

Received 794 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
Good for you Andy. Maybe some light cardio? Just walking?

Let's start simple. Andy - Move the little fridge that's by the couch to the garage and unplug it. Then, while you're watching TV, get up and go to the kitchen during commercials. Start there!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending how much time in the week you have to devote you can either break it down into 3 days a week full body or break it down in 4 days a week legs/bi's & back/chest & tri's/ shoulders each followed by some mild cardio and abs. I go for heavy powerlifting and always tell people go with major core workouts like deadlifting, squats, hang cleans and bear crawls are some of my favs. Stick with free weights, start light and learn good form. Eat clean add some protein if you want after you workout and call it a day.
Heres alittle motivation
I have the balls and the determination to destroy anyone or anything that gets in my way. I am the hard line that separates determination from insanity
-Chris
Old 12-06-2012, 04:20 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
Originally Posted by freq' timestamp='1354725753' post='22191409
Good for you Andy. Maybe some light cardio? Just walking?

Let's start simple. Andy - Move the little fridge that's by the couch to the garage and unplug it. Then, while you're watching TV, get up and go to the kitchen during commercials. Start there!
LOL

Andy mentions running events but then asks about lifting weights?!?!?!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GRUNTS2K
2 words...Cross Fit

Coming from someone with 12 years military experience and 15 years in fitness
i agree. i thought i was in shape until i started crossfitting. a few months deep and im in the best shape of my life. i go 3-4 times a week, 15-20mins a session. its so much more fun, i can never go back to doing iso movements.

*** but any kind of workout is better than no workout, 80% of it is proper diet. a clean diet is more important than the gym 5 days a week
Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

All this talk about working out and no1 is talking about diet/eating? This is probably the most crucial part of working out! So post up what you guys are eating..myself I cheat 1x a week being it candy or ice cream etc... No soda I have soda! So anyway what I eat every day excluding 234 BBQ's which isn't bad food either just massive amounts of it lol anyway I have egg whites and coffee no sugar and oatmeal in the morning ..2hrs l8tr I have a granny apple .. them lunch is a turkey and swiss on whole wheat... 2hrs l8tr a granola bar... Then dinner which is either a pasta dish chicken or fish... I have meat maybe 2x a month except 234 events and I drink probably 3 bottles of water, oh and I have a beer or 2
Old 12-06-2012, 05:12 AM

^^ paleo diet. lean ground beef or chicken breast, i eat a lot of bananas with almond butter or pears. carrot sticks and celery/almond butter. i give myself 2 cheat meals a week. no bread or dairy. water with my post-workout shake

i eat about 2lbs of protein a day spread through 4 meals, with a little veg/fruit after or in between.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jay yO
^^ /> paleo diet. lean ground beef or chicken breast, i eat a lot of bananas with almond butter or pears. carrot sticks and celery/almond butter. i give myself 2 cheat meals a week. no bread or dairy. water with my post-workout shake

i eat about 2lbs of protein a day spread through 4 meals, with a little veg/fruit after or in between.
What kinda protein we talkin bout? Lean protein? Shakes/bars? Beef beans nuts chicken tuna what?
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 AM

Is there protein in beer? BTW
Old 12-06-2012, 06:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you guys take for a post workout shake? I'm a bit old school and take whey protein with dextrose (for an insulin spike).

Worked on legs last night. Haven't done squats in years. Sad that my max squat was just a warm up back when I was working out.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 AM

i eat whatever the hell i want since my metabolism is ridiculous, but i do keep my diet packed w/ carbs and proteins..

don't take a pre workout, but intra workout.. extend and post workout I take whey and did a creatine mix for a bit till my kidneys started hurting.... but 50+g of whey post workout works for me.

Quick Reply: Working Out