Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Acura RS-X details, no s2000 engine!!

Old 01-08-2001, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Acura RS-X Prototype Makes World Debut
Submitted by TOV News on January 08, 2001 at 14:54:58:
DETROIT, Jan. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Acura debuted its RS-X sports coupe prototype at the North American International Auto Show today, providing the world with a first glimpse of the technology and styling direction for an all- new Acura production vehicle to be introduced later this year.

``The RS-X provides a clear indication of the direction we are headed with the new sports coupe that will replace the Integra,'' said Dick Colliver, executive vice president of Acura. ``With the introduction of a production version later this year, Acura's stable of class-leading luxury performance vehicles will be even stronger.''

Drawing on Acura's heritage of performance and precision engineering, the RS-X prototype utilizes advanced new engine technology in combination with rigid unit body construction, a highly aerodynamic body and sport-tuned chassis to deliver exhilarating style and performance in a luxury-class sports coupe. The RS-X also maintains Acura's leadership in the areas of occupant safety and low emissions, providing state-of-the-art safety features, while meeting Low Emissions Vehicle (LEV) standards.

Providing for the vehicle's high performance, low emissions and outstanding fuel efficiency is an advanced new-generation 2.0-liter, 16-valve DOHC engine with i-VTEC ``intelligent'' valve-control that produces approximately 200 horsepower. Honda's patented i-VTEC combines VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) with new VTC (Variable Timing Control) to continuously adjust camshaft phase for enhanced performance and efficiency across a broad power band. Power is transmitted to the front wheels via a close ratio six-speed manual transmission.

The RS-X prototype's exterior styling communicates a message of power and precision with short front and rear overhangs, sweeping curves and sharply chiseled accent lines. The vehicle's strong and solid stance is enhanced with 18-inch BBS light alloy wheels and 225/45R18 Michelin tires. A distinctive front fascia is highlighted by large, bright multi-reflector headlights, deeply beveled chin spoiler and signature Acura grille. The rear decklid features a sporty brow that extends above the four-lamp taillights and is complemented by a large-mouth chrome exhaust finisher.

The RS-X interior features a cockpit-style driving environment with driver-oriented instruments and control surfaces. Interior highlights include perforated black leather trim, deeply-contoured Recaro sport seats, small diameter steering wheel, short-throw gearshift lever, and silver-colored reverse inset gauge cluster. A large greenhouse, low profile cowl and slim A- and B-pillars provide for an open, airy feeling and excellent outward visibility.

A full complement of luxury interior features includes power windows, mirrors and door locks, steering wheel-mounted cruise control, power moonroof and AM/FM/Cassette/CD stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and trunk mounted subwoofer.

The RS-X prototype's exceptional handling and braking are provided by its track-tuned fully independent front and rear suspension with large stabilizer bars and large-diameter 4-wheel disc brakes with Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS).

Exhilarating style and performance, world-class safety, class-leading fuel efficiency and low emissions combine to make the RS-X Prototype a forward looking sports coupe with Acura quality, precision and craftsmanship at the heart of its design.

The production version of Acura's RS-X will debut at the New York Auto Show in April 2001.

Acura RS-X Prototype Summary

The RS-X is a sports coupe prototype that offers the first glimpse of the technology and styling direction for the all-new Integra replacement to be introduced later this year.

RS-X Prototype Key Features:

* The RS-X prototype borrows on Acura's heritage of sports car racing and precision engineering * The RS-X combines a new generation i-VTEC engine, a highly aerodynamic body and sport-tuned chassis to deliver exhilarating style and performance in a luxury-class sports coupe * Key features of the Acura RS-X Prototype include: -- 2.0-liter, 16-valve DOHC engine producing approximately 200 horsepower -- DOHC i-VTEC "intelligent" system with variable cam timing for enhanced performance and efficiency across the power band -- Close ratio 6-speed manual transmission -- Track-tuned fully independent front and rear suspension -- 4-Wheel disc brakes with anti-lock braking system (ABS) -- Sweeping curves and sharply chiseled accent lines -- 225/45R18 Michelin Tires and BBS light alloy wheels -- Distinctive front fascia highlighted by large, bright multi- reflector headlights and deeply beveled chin spoiler -- Sporty rear fascia complemented by a four-lamp taillight assembly -- Recaro sport seats and perforated black leather trim -- Power moonroof -- AM/FM/Cassette/CD stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and trunk mounted subwoofer

SOURCE: Acura
Old 01-08-2001, 12:41 PM

Where are the pictures?
Old 01-08-2001, 12:49 PM

still waiting.
Old 01-08-2001, 01:18 PM

http://autoshow2001.carpoint.msn.com/autos...overage&param=2

sorry its a vid. fast forward to about 3/4's of the way.
Old 01-08-2001, 01:18 PM
Community Organizer

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

Sounds to me like a detuned S2000 engine geared for more fuel efficiency.
Old 01-08-2001, 01:19 PM

i think i got my beater down to this or the new sentra SE-R spec V...

maybe the WRX turbo...
Old 01-08-2001, 01:26 PM

Which video is it? And why is R&T now saying that the Impreza WRX will not be sold in the US?
Old 01-08-2001, 01:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mingster:
[B]i think i got my beater down to this or the new sentra SE-R spec V...

maybe the WRX turbo...
Old 01-08-2001, 01:34 PM

How do you view that?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RossoS2K:
[B] [URL=http://autoshow2001.carpoint.msn.com/autoshow2001/default.asp?content=coverage&param=2]http://autoshow2001.carpoint.msn.com/autoshow2001/default.asp?content=coverage&param=2[/ URL]

sorry its a vid.
Old 01-08-2001, 01:45 PM

Try this one
http://www.theautochannel.com/cybercast/20...10108-acura.asx

Quick Reply: Acura RS-X details, no s2000 engine!!