Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

adobe design software

Old 01-09-2005, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adobe design software

I have a logo on illustrator and need to transfer it or reopen it onto indesign. does anyone know how i should save it so that i can open it up using indesign?
cause the only way i see it, is to control copy it or drag it across to indesign and that causes the color and the logo to go dull.
i did it before but havent used it for so long that i forgot.

thanks
Old 01-09-2005, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can copy and paste it, but it sounds like you're working in two different color gammuts. Maybe one is in RGB and the other is in CMYK?

Try saving the illustrator file as a .EPS file and then importing that into indesign. If that doesn't work, you can open it in photoshop and save it as whatever you need to.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:02 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.eps files work in Quark so I'm assuming Indesign would be the same. worse case scenerio use Photoshop and make it a .tif

Be sure the file is set up for 300 dpi CMYK or your gonna have a headache printing it