Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Anyone try this program?

Old 10-09-2004, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try this program?

www.musclegaintips.com .. I've been contemplating trying this program for a while, but never actually ordered it in fear of the rip-off factor.. I'm usually very skeptical when ordering anything off informercials or off the net.. This program looks pretty good though in that you only have to work out 3 times a week and results are shown fairly quickly (I mean a 12 week program isn't that long in the whole scope of things).. My only concerns of course is if results are typical and fat gains from the diet.. I don't know how my body would react from an overload of calories.. Although I do need to bulk up, I'm pretty 'thin' for my height (like 6 feet, 150).. But my body fat is somewhere in the mid teens (Hovering around 13-15%) so I got some problematic areas as a result of it.. Anyways, for those who know a thing or two about weight training and nutrition, is it worth a shot or just a gimmick?
Old 10-10-2004, 06:54 AM

seems like he's talking about the right things, the only prob I see is that he has all that info on one page instead of organizing it. If you work, $80 is nothing and would definately be worth a try. Do a search seeking for other forums who could have praised this guy's program.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Banned

All the guy is saying is if you are skinny, and want to get bigger via working out, you need to eat more, without worrying about fat or calorie intake. The rest is standard weight training boilerplate - don't over-train your muscles, eat right, etc.

If you are reasonably healthy, and follow his plan to the letter, you might see the kind of transformation he claims to have performed himself, but I would expect something more moderate. The reality is, however, that from a non-athletic starting point, you can make a remarkable transformation in a very short period of time, simply because there is so much room for improvement. People have no idea how easy it is to get into shape. If you are under-weight, it takes very little time at all to gain an athletic build. The hard part is sticking with it over time, staying in shape.

Here is the gist of his program:

1.) Decide on a very specific goal.
2.) Educate yourself. You must learn the best way to build a house before you start building. Otherwise you will be wasting your time and effort.
3.) Plan and organize yourself. You must put all your great information into a training program that you will be able to follow everyday.
4.) Carry out your plan. Follow your plan consistently, without fail until you reach your goal.

He does 2 and 3, you are left with 1 and 4, of which #4 is arguably the most difficult part of the whole thing.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:04 AM

yea, when I read that he previously worked out 7 times a week, it figures that his muscles were unable to rebuild from the destroyed ones. I think 3 times a week should be MAX. Upping protein intakes are also a biggy if you wanna gain muscle. Be careful with carbs because you gotta work out those things or youre just gaining fat.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:20 AM

personally i wouldnt buy it. just hit the gym if you want to bulk up and eat more than usuall! thats all it takes.