Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Ebay deadbeat: MTLmotorsport

Old 06-30-2005, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay deadbeat: MTLmotorsport

I'm posting here about a transaction I tried to complete with the ebay user "mtlmotorsport", real name J. Sideris, in Canada, who agreed to purchase my Hi-6R ignition on ebay. (Link to auction) After a week went by without receiving payment, I emailed him but received no reply. I retrieved all of his contact information from Ebay and called him. He actually seemed like a nice guy and assured me payment would be sent soon, and that he was possibly interested in purchasing my fuel pump and injectors. He requested more pics be sent, so I promptly took more pics and sent them to him. I emailed a couple times over the next couple weeks, and still receieved no response. I called him again at about the one month point, and again, he apologized and assured me payment would be sent soon. Three more weeks went by, and I sent numerous emails, never receiving a reply. Finally, last week, when it had been almost two months since the auction ended, I called him again. His exact words were "Yeah, uh, here's the deal man. I'm not going to be buying that from you". He alleged that he found a good deal on an AEM EMS, and didn't want the ignition anymore. How is that my problem to fix? He offered $10 for my trouble, but I explained to him that I needed money from the ignition, and he should just pay for it and resell it on ebay. Again, his words were "Yeah... I'm not going to do that man. I wouldn't turn down that $10 though". Now wait... he's going to screw me out of my time and money and ADVISE that I not turn down his ten bucks?? Okay, so I told him to just send the $10, and agreed we wouldn't exchange negative feedback. I told him to send it THAT NIGHT. THREE MORE DAYS go by and after two unreturned emails, I call him again, and get a story about him going to Toledo or some place, and not having time to send it. Right. It takes 3 minutes to send someone money on Paypal, and he could find the time in the last 3 days to send it. Sure. He assures it will be sent immediately, and I tell him to make sure that it is. So I call him the next day, telling him that this is the final time I contact him, and he starts on another BS story. I couldn't believe this guy. I told him basically that he could save it, and asked if he understood that he had broken the law and violated a legal and binding contract. HIS EXACT WORDS are "I don't care". What a stand up guy! Well J, here's your negative feedback! It's on multiple forums and it's linked right from ebay for anyone that wants to read it. If you want to dispute it, get an account and post your side of the story. I dare you to alledge that one single word of this story deviates from the truth. MTLmotorsport is a liar, he is a deadbeat, and it is a waste of time to do business with him.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

why don't you just file it with EBay? They will probably suspend him for a while if not for good, depending on the price and if this has happened before.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:24 AM

Because this way I can link the entire story of what happened to the feedback page, instead of just a quick blurb on "non paying bidder don't trust FFFFF------"
Old 07-01-2005, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedTheory,Jul 1 2005, 05:24 AM
Because this way I can link the entire story of what happened to the feedback page, instead of just a quick blurb on "non paying bidder don't trust FFFFF------"
u can't post a link on a feedback... save urself the time. file for fraud on ebay and get his account supsended... dont bother wasting your time forcing him to pay.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:35 PM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

you are really out next to nothing (a little time and the small ebay fee's - you can usually get the "listing fee" back, but not the rest for a non payer).

anyway...... ebay is filled with idiots these days. There would be way too many posts on this website if everyone did what you just did.

goodluck....water under the bridge though...move on...