Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Going to Japan!

Old 03-11-2016, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to Japan!

Hi everyone,

I'm very excited since I just booked tickets to Japan for May! You guys have any recommendation as far as your favorite place to visit? How about s2000/honda related places?

I heard it's Cherry blossom month there, so I know it's going to be crowded...
Old 03-11-2016, 01:30 PM

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,420 Posts

Originally Posted by 13darkknight
Hi everyone,

I'm very excited since I just booked tickets to Japan for May! You guys have any recommendation as far as your favorite place to visit? How about s2000/honda related places?

GF_Trunkie and I went to Korea for 10 days, and took a 4 day side trip over to Osaka and Kyoto. Kyoto was absolutely beautiful in the Fall, and I can only imagine that May will be just as lovely. Osaka is a food-lover's paradise, and the palace in Osaka is also awesome.
We could have stayed in Kansai Prefecture for weeks between Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, and Nara.

For all things automotive, you may want to PM itS2Krazy.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
Originally Posted by 13darkknight' timestamp='1457729803' post='23905870
Hi everyone,

GF_Trunkie and I went to Korea for 10 days, and took a 4 day side trip over to Osaka and Kyoto. Kyoto was absolutely beautiful in the Fall, and I can only imagine that May will be just as lovely. Osaka is a food-lover's paradise, and the palace in Osaka is also awesome.
We could have stayed in Kansai Prefecture for weeks between Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, and Nara.

For all things automotive, you may want to PM itS2Krazy.
Also forgot - pay for international data on your phone for the time there. Our hosts in Osaka had promised us City-wide WiFi, and completely flaked. Without a translation app (How's your Japanese?) and maps, it was a chore to go everywhere. If you don't get the international data roaming, be sure to pick up at least a wifi/data card and/or hotspot at the airport or central train station.

Also, like Europe, there were train deals if you buy your passes here. That saved us A TON.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx for your reply. Im am definitely going to get passes here, and conaider kyoto as a destination. the only thing that sucks is the price to ride the bullet train from tokyo :-/
Old 03-12-2016, 12:36 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Here are some suggestions!

Enjoy your trip!
Old 03-13-2016, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by 13darkknight
Thx for your reply. Im am definitely going to get passes here, and conaider kyoto as a destination. the only thing that sucks is the price to ride the bullet train from tokyo :-/
With the adjusted price with your JR rail pass, it shouldn't be *too* bad. Even then, as like Europe, even the local express trains will get you there in a stupidly-quick amount of time.