Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

MY AE86 got broken into. Car thieves, burn in hell

Old 07-13-2007, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile MY AE86 got broken into. Car thieves, burn in hell

This is what my 86 looks like...

I freaking hate car thieves. They have nothing better to do than to ruin somebody's hard effort in perfecting a car.

So the story goes:

I walk out of work to my car and i noticed my door not fully shut. This is highly unlikely of me cause i'm very meticulous with how i leave my car secured. The closer i approach my vehicle, more thoughts of paranoia come rushing to my mind. My paranoia was confirmed as soon as i got to the door. The thieves broke into my car using a screw driver to twist open my door lock.

My heart sank and it felt like somebody stuck their hand inside my stomach and started to pull out my intestines. Thoughts of who the hell would do such a thing raced through my mind.

I opened the door to find the interior in disarray. I left some paperwork in the backseat and my ties for work in the front seat. My interior looked as if my 5 year old cousin was left in it to play with all my stuff. Luckily though, upon further inspection, no damage was done to the interior.

The thieves interestingly did not take my $50 Nordstrom gift certifcate card, nor my $45 solex locks i bought to install later on (i regret not installing it asap). It seems as if they did not take anything at all except the FACE of my car stereo. They didn't even take my car stereo unit, only the face... Weird huh?

My car is completely stock (stock paint, no body kits.. usdm bumpers) except for some supra wheels and falken tires. I have dark tint though and whenever i leave my car, i make sure i put on THE CLUB and some front window shades to protect the car from the sun and peering eyes.

Now my questions:
1. why would anybody break into my 86? To everyone else, our cars look like POS. Why break into a POS? Easy target?
2. If you take the effort to break in, why would you only take the STEREO FACE and not the unit itself? Did they overlook my gift card? My solex locks?
3. ARe there any other motives for breaking in? Like looking at my car registration for my address? etc.??

If they took more stuff, then my mind would be at ease because they broke in to take stuff.. But since they ONLY took my car stereo face, it makes me more paranoid because it seems like they had another motive of some sort...

I dont' know if anybody else can feel this, but having someone break into your car BLOWS.. IT feels like some guy at a club took advantage of your girlfriend and you couldn't do anything about it cause you were at home while she was out having fun with her girlfriends.. Of course, you'd want to beat the living hell out of that guy-more or less torture him.

I dunno what i want to do with my car anymore. I feel violated, like some scum gave my girlfriend herpes... I just lost interest... Though there was very minimal damage, i'm sooo freaking turned off at the moment. I love corollas but this one, just feels like it's been used and abused by some F**K off.. I had all these dreams and ideas of what i wanted to do to my car.. Now, i just don't know..

P.S. I park my car at a parking structure at work.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like some amateur 17 year old did it.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like they were scared off by something. In my sorry experience, they'll be back. Catch 'em and cook 'em.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Penforhire,Jul 13 2007, 08:06 PM
Sounds like they were scared off by something. In my sorry experience, they'll be back. Catch 'em and cook 'em.
They'll be back, most likely... But i'm not bringing my 86 back in the garage, ever.... And yes, i'd love to setup a sting and catch the bastard(s) and beat the living snot out of him/them.

Or better yet, see what it feels like and do the same.. have someone rob their car/home...

nothing like karma for sweet revenge.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:25 PM

it's happened before to my bf. his eg got broken into and they only stole his stereo face. he said it was shitty face too. just be thankful they didn't steal the whole car
Old 07-13-2007, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by msmokie,Jul 13 2007, 11:25 PM
it's happened before to my bf. his eg got broken into and they only stole his stereo face. he said it was shitty face too. just be thankful they didn't steal the whole car
yeah.. i'm grateful.. but i'm trying to figure out what's the point of stealing only the face?

My psychology says that maybe the crooks sorta get pissed that there isn't anything of value so they'd rather just take something to get even???
Old 07-15-2007, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ae86Lover,Jul 13 2007, 08:34 PM
I feel violated, like some scum gave my girlfriend herpes... I just lost interest...
Ouch man, ouch. That's a great line. Can't exactly say I feel you on that one, but I've had my car(s) vandalized in the past.