Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

need some forum support

Old 02-09-2011, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some forum support

so my son is trying to pursue his career in music, even though its a dying business because now I think everyone downloads everything, but anyway he wanted me to post his facebook fanpage on here so everyone can check it out.

he says feel free to 'like' and post comments, he is really interested in what everyone has to say. as of now, he has a couple of people lined up ready to rap in some of his beats and currently working in internship positions. everyday he is learning more but just take a listen for yourself. he just released two 30 second previews because hes not done editing them yet.

i dont know how to attach, but here you go
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kmac-B...84690821560099
Old 02-10-2011, 12:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.. I have no idea, that style is dieing fast. Everyone and their brother is trying to make beats and get in the "business"

I'd suggest just getting a real job and doing the music as a hobby. Stick to recording and editing, make money off other people.
Otherwise, i'd say he is going to have to do something about those vocals. The sound quality was crap there.

If he wants a little more exposure he could start an artist profile where other artists are.
This website is full of underground and aspiring artists and offers more constructive criticism and what not that could help and aspiring producer.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com

I do it as a hobby and expect nothing out of it, My artist webpage
Old 02-12-2011, 02:56 AM

like imnida said, recording and editing is the way to go... there are tons of kids trying to be rap/hip hop artists and drop money to record.

From your son's facebook page, it looks like he is into making beats, not rapping... and some of them are pretty good... To get started off, instead of "trying to find someone who is decent at rapping" He should make the beats and music, then sell them to the "rap kids" that want to be rappers.

Most rappers, the millionaires and the aspiring kids don't make the beats themselves, they buy/lease beats from people that make the beats/music, then add in lyrics...

If he did that, he could at least make some money, vs making this music for free and letting crappy rappers that never have a chance of making his music big take them for free... just my opinion.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:26 PM

Thanks, I'll tell him to check it out
Old 02-17-2011, 02:52 AM

music industry is not dying lol. it just seems that way because marketing your work has changed so much. there are perhaps millions of labels and thousands of them die and are born each month. contracts by promotors are often weaksauce. genres now have tens of sub genres.

any work in the arts require dedication and real passion. basically u gotta prepare to do the people a favor and make music for them for free. if u make music to make money, u won't last in the industry. it's just something u can't fake and skills that money can't ever buy.

to top it off id say these 3 things are the most important:
network, marketing yourself, and keeping your fans.

if u think about it, anybody can make 'art'... it's just one of the things in life we're to do naturally as humans.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by krnmike,Feb 17 2011, 03:52 AM
music industry is not dying lol. it just seems that way because marketing your work has changed so much. there are perhaps millions of labels and thousands of them die and are born each month. contracts by promotors are often weaksauce. genres now have tens of sub genres.

any work in the arts require dedication and real passion. basically u gotta prepare to do the people a favor and make music for them for free. if u make music to make money, u won't last in the industry. it's just something u can't fake and skills that money can't ever buy.

to top it off id say these 3 things are the most important:
network, marketing yourself, and keeping your fans.

if u think about it, anybody can make 'art'... it's just one of the things in life we're to do naturally as humans.
exactly, that is what I keep telling him. He has the passion alright, no doubt about that. He recently got the new 'BeatbyDre' studio headphones for better editing, a mic, and has been putting out great beats that he has been making and editing. If you haven't checked out his page, I encourage you too. Just released the beat 'Family' on his facebook page 'Kmac Beatz' - sounds great
Old 02-20-2011, 08:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Right on for a dad supporting his son
Old 02-20-2011, 11:32 PM

parent support is pretty big when it comes to a kid's passion.

everyones gotta start somewhere.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by krnmike,Feb 21 2011, 12:32 AM
parent support is pretty big when it comes to a kid's passion.

everyones gotta start somewhere.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:25 PM

Some of the beats are pretty good. They remind me of like something I would hear in a movie where the main character is preparing for some sort of battle or challenge.