Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Neighbors.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:19 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

On the OP's situation: oddly enough, I didn't know my property line extends past the curb into the street. In fact, I'm sure it doesn't. As long as I follow the laws regarding parking, I could park my car in front of a house 5 blocks over if I so desire. Tell your windbag neighbor to shove it, that he doesn't own the street, and that if anything happens to your car you'll beat the shit out of him. And then, when he isn't looking, drop a big, steamy deuce on his hood. Seriously, #### him. Likely he's too much of a vagina to escalate if you man up to his face. And yeah, occasionally some POS will be parked in front of my house, but who cares?

As far as my neighbors, one side is okay, but he's got 3 daughters who are grown and married, and since they live far away, he thinks I'm his surrogate son-in-law who he gets to give life tips too. But the funny thing is, since I'm NOT his SIL, I don't have to listen. I get to say "thanks Jim, but I'm going to do this instead" a lot, and watch him stand there and stew. This is often in regards to how I take care of my lawn, what I do for landscaping, projects around the house, etc. "Hey, you should stack your firewood over there (far side of my property)" "Yeah, that would work, but instead I'm going to put it right here (next to my deck, visible to his house, and where it's convenient for ME.)" Don't like it? Oh well.

And on the other side, I don't see much of them, but their dog shits in my yard constantly (I've got a 5lb YorkiePoo, they have an 80lb Austrian Sheepherder. I can tell the difference in turds.) They've gotten asked a couple times nicely, now they get lard turd piles in the middle of their driveway when I find them. And one turd pile on the hood of their CR-V when my wife stepped in it and then flipped out a little.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to kill my neighbor's dogs that stand in the back yard and bark almost non stop. Our lots back up to the neighborhood park with a pond and a walking trail going around it so they have people and dogs walking by all the time to give them reason to bark. The difference is when my dog starts barking, I go out and get her and bring her inside so she doesn't do it any more. She has learned not to bark as much. The other dipshits don't do anything and just leave their dogs outside barking for hours on end. I have the schnauzer and boston terrier next door scared of me though so I can get them to stop for a minute or two and then they come right back out the doggy door and start barking at the air again.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ If it bothers you that much, file a noise/public nuisance complaint. It is illegal in most cities to allow your dog to bark incessantly like that.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:30 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wickerbill,May 11 2010, 10:52 AM
I just want to kill my neighbor's dogs that stand in the back yard and bark almost non stop.
No, you want to kill your neighbor. It's not the dog's fault. My neighbors dog that shits in my yard is the nicest animal, and I constantly have to remind my wife it's not the dogs fault he's owned by land monster retards. Although I have shot him with the hose when he started to shit in my yard.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wickerbill,May 11 2010, 10:52 AM
I just want to kill my neighbor's dogs that stand in the back yard and bark almost non stop. Our lots back up to the neighborhood park with a pond and a walking trail going around it so they have people and dogs walking by all the time to give them reason to bark. The difference is when my dog starts barking, I go out and get her and bring her inside so she doesn't do it any more. She has learned not to bark as much. The other dipshits don't do anything and just leave their dogs outside barking for hours on end. I have the schnauzer and boston terrier next door scared of me though so I can get them to stop for a minute or two and then they come right back out the doggy door and start barking at the air again.
That is the neighbors you need to kill not the dogs.

My neighbor is a complete ass. Drainage issue from a 12" pipe he has coming through a berm on his property that extends just shy of the propertyline. I added an 8' pipe to it to bring it beyond my fencline so my posts weren't uprooted. He called the cops for trespassing.
Result-Nothing other than we had a lawyer mention that his fence is on our property and he may want to chill out.

The topper he is the Stste director for MUFON. Work safe.
MUFON site
My neighbor the State Director

This Halloween the kids are going to his place and wearing foil hats and antennae.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know many legal ways to take care of an annoying dog, just ask!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyushin,May 11 2010, 12:15 PM
I know many legal ways to take care of an annoying dog, just ask!
I ask!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:18 PM

My current neighbor started feeding stray cats. So for a while we have about five semi-feral cats fighting and howling in the wee hours, pissing on everything, and the like. Fortunately my OTHER neighbor got a cat trap and, over a few weeks, managed to solve that problem. The first neighbor got the message since they don't want their remaining outdoor cat scooped off and impounded. Yay!

When I was a kid we had a neighbor like the OP's. He drove an old Buick and thought the spot in front of his house was totally his, even though he always parked in his driveway and rarely had visitors. He got into it with my dad a few times if a friend would stop over. Wrong guy to mess with. We always had at least three junker cars in our long driveway and after that my dad took to parking one in front of his house, rotating them as necessary... 24/7. That miserable old dude never saw "his" spot again!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:10 PM

I have low lifes next door to me and across the street from my gfs aswell. So I can never get past bad neighbors. At my gfs house, we are assigned 2 spots, 1 numbered and 1 unsigned (meaning anyone can park in it). But usually the unsigned spot infront of the house you usually call dibs on, thats what everyone does, and thats understandable if you have two cars. Across the street at the end a neighbor told my gf that we can park in his spot whenever we like, because he only has 1 car so he parks in his numbered. So we usually park in the unsigned. BUT, now the neighbor next to the gentleman parks in THAT spot AND takes up his numbered AND unsigned spot. His son comes and goes and he has a gf thats a fat pig so cant park in the side parking lot. So he decides its right to take up 4 ****** parking spaces. So usually while hes at work and my gf gets off before he gets home, she trys to take that spot and I try to take his unsigned, just to be an asshole sometimes.

You gotta fight back every once and awhile, if they are going to be asshats you gotta be an asshat as well.