Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Not here to start a Mac vs PC war

Old 09-08-2010, 12:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not here to start a Mac vs PC war

Not here to start a Mac vs PC war-gdq61.jpg
Old 09-08-2010, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It amazes me how stupid people are and fall for the marketing. I do IT work for many companies, one of which is an Apple dealer.

I swear, everytime I'm in there working on something. Some idiot comes in and starts spouting off like Macs are God's greatest gift to the world, about how they will never get a PC again, and how Macs are so much better... I just think to myself, "are you really that stupid, a Mac is a PC."

It amazes me how much people fall for the marketing ploy that Macs are something completely different than PCs and that they somehow justify the 3-4x markup in price.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

TL;DR and pic is too big
Old 09-08-2010, 01:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,Sep 8 2010, 02:14 PM
and pic is too big
Old 09-08-2010, 01:31 PM

Yep. A friend of mine is an Apple whore. And will admit it.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:39 PM

Received 1,549 Likes on 1,425 Posts

Time to go back once again, into the archives:

Originally Posted by https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=772686&view=findpost&p=1830626 6
. . . My Mac solves my problems when I'm at home. My WinXP system solves my problems at work. My RHEL box solves another set of work problems better than my WinXP box (and with less hardware overhead).

I don't force my toaster to do my laundry, and I don't make my microwave oven try to record a cable feed. But by God, Mr. Escalier, and Kyushin, are going to continue to complain that their 3-year-old hair dryer isn't going to get their girlfriend off the same way a rabbit vibe does. . .
Further reading for the masochistic:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=772686&st=0
Old 09-08-2010, 02:01 PM

Value is not solely defined by the components inside the machine.
Many other factors play into the Apple brand.

BTW: I'm a PC and I sell meat
Old 09-08-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by GateCrasher,Sep 8 2010, 02:01 PM
Value is not solely defined by the components inside the machine.
Many other factors play into the Apple brand.

BTW: I'm a PC and I sell meat

This.

Although yes, it does appear from the pure hardware specs that making your own computer with cobbled-together components is more powerful for less money, I kind of think that there is a comparison to the Top Gear episode where they took a commuter car and gave it racing slicks, engine upgrades, and weight reduction, to try to achieve the same lap time as an Evo X. I think they got close, for less money...but which one would you rather drive?

Quick2k

I have a macbook pro + bootcamp and Windows 7 for personal use, Windows 7 for professional use. The only reason I have Windows 7 is for a test-taking software that is only compatible with Windows, and for Starcraft II because Snow Leopard doesn't play nice with Blizzard. Compromise solution that works for me.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I'm a PC, and so are most of the world."
Old 09-08-2010, 02:47 PM

I agree that apple is wayyy overpriced. If i were buying my own laptop, i'd steer totally clear of mac, cause yes, a mac is indeed still a pc. Some people would argue that mac is more user friendly. hello? Why not buy a better, cheaper pc and throw osx on it?
But I do own a mac lol. I got a ss macbook air as a gift when it first came out. It was the only ultrathin laptop at the time i believe? Although on it's way to being obsolete, it grew on me and I love the thing to death. SS FTW!

Quick Reply: Not here to start a Mac vs PC war