Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Question for fellow skinny people

Old 06-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
Thumbs up Question for fellow skinny people

I am 5'10 and on any given day between 135-140. I have a very high metabolism and eat a lot. It is quite fun and I love it.

Moving on, whenever I meet new people, or talk to people I have not spoken to in a long time, they always have to make some sort of comment about me being thin. The comments usually are:

"Do you eat"
"Let's get some meat on those bones!"
"You go to the gym? Lol, why?"
"How much do you weigh? What? Wow!"
"Did your parents feed you?"

Blah blah blah. I sit there and answer their stupid questions, all while seeing their thunder thighs and jiggly belly. Just half an hour ago I went out to eat a second lunch, had a bag of Popeye's in one hand and the dbag still asked "Do you ever eat?!" I raised the bag of Popeyes to eye level but the remarks still came.

So I'm wondering, does this happen to anyone else? I am definitely not emaciated, and I'm not sure why it's such a source of amusement for them. I wish....oh how I WISH I could walk up to the fat people in my office and be like "How do you fit in your car?" "How long till your heart explodes?" "You eyeing my chicken fatty?".

But we can't for some reason, as it is not polite to make fun of fat people, or make remarks abou them. *sigh*. Oh well, gonna go eat some more food.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What kind of people are around you? I'd imagine you to be VERY VERY skinny with visible bones for people to comment about you like that.

I'm 175cm and 65kg (fairly skinny I suppose?). No matter how much I eat, my weight never really increases, but I never get those comments...
Old 06-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shop crying, they are jealous that's all.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if it's big people doing all the talking, a majority of them are probably jealous.

FYI, Just because you can eat all these junk/ fast food and not gain any weight, this doesn't mean that you are really healthy. I mean if you exercise and get your heart rate up than that's a different story.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:03 PM

how old are you? I was 6'3 150 up until I was about 24, was very active and had a 40 hour a week job on my feet.

Now I sit in a chair for 8 hours+ a day and do little exercise after work, gained a good 30 lbs....now I look "normal" but not in shape, no more 6 pack :-(

its all about burning more calories than you consume..I used to eat like a beast then, cant do that anymore.

hey you can wear the "cool" skinny jeans...be happy about that
Old 06-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Diz

I eat all day long and people say that I am way to skinny and need to eat more too.... i'm 6'2" 160lbs I don't think i'm that skinny at all in fact I think I look healthy but I still get the eat something would you all the time and we need to fatten you up. When I first started dating my wife her mom would tell me that everytime I went over and try and offer me a dinner of some sorts.....still does now that I think about it. On a side note a friend of mines wife called me emaciated once..... she really didn't need to be talking though
Old 06-24-2009, 04:41 PM

5 10 140- 145 And eat like an Enzo does gas. I get comments like that all the time!

Haters!

And I still look like I am 21 hahaha!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your BMI is within the normal range tell them to shut up and exercise.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

The national average weight keeps ticking higher, meaning the skinnier you are the more you are going to be an outlier. Being what used to be considered overweight is becoming the norm.

BTW, I am 8lbs under my medically optimal weight for my height and people give me all kinds of shit (BMI of 20.5).
Old 06-24-2009, 05:20 PM

Location: All up in your inner tubes. Whatcha gonna do sucka?

who gives a shit
Old 06-24-2009, 05:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A friend of mine had a physique and metabolism similar to yours. What he did was take 2 creatine shakes a day and work out like crazy. He eventually started gaining more muscle mass and looked healthier after about 2 months of commitment. If your thinness is a problem for you, give those shakes a try.

Quick Reply: Question for fellow skinny people