Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

They're Marching Against God - Your .02

Old 07-27-2002, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JonBoy
[B]

That said, the Bible says "There will be no more death, tears (sad ones, at least), sorrow", etc, etc in Heaven, which could also be taken to mean, I believe, that our memory is selective.
Old 07-28-2002, 03:55 AM

The bad thing about religion is that man has screwed it up. Christianity is a good thing, but too many people try to force their opinions on others. It is much better to live by example. All I know that ever since God has been taken out of Schools and government out society has gotten more violent, less patriotic, less respectful of others, etc. My understanding is that if you believe that Jesus is the son of God and have excepted him as your personal saviour than you will have your place in heaven. Now I am by no means the perfect Christian but I still believe. God's grace allows for all our mortal shortcomings, and faith is the belief of that which is unseen. Besides I'm taking my S2000 to heaven with me.
Old 07-28-2002, 05:23 AM

Oh boy, here's another man who thinks that the abscence of religion tears down a society. Listen here, every generation scorns the next. There will always be "the good times" and people will not like the times because people are afraid of the rapid change of society. Think about it, the past generations hated dances like "The twist", people like Elvis Presley, Hippies, Rock n Roll, etc. It is just a continuum.

There is no proof that violence has grown, and respect and patriotism have nothing whatsoever with religion. You make it seem that people can't make their own decisions and need to have a book to tell them what to do.

If you think you can take mortal possesions into heaven, you're wrong. The only way you can take the car with you is to crash into a brick wall.
Old 07-28-2002, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by Phi2k
The only way you can take the car with you is to crash into a brick wall.
We're not even sure that works!
Old 07-28-2002, 02:56 PM

All you folks out there standing on the sidelines. Remember the march? We've been on a rabbit chase for quite a while now but the rabbit is not getting caught and the chasers are getting tired. Point of fact, there's some discrepancy as to who are the rabbits and who are the chasers!

On the day of the march, if it's a nice day, the wife and I will be out in the S with the top down - probably along our beautiful coast. If in the mood, I'll VTEC up the freeway ramp. I hate marching. I'm always out of step!

Old 07-28-2002, 07:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2kpdx01
[B]

Our perception is how we know we exist, the world exists, etc.
Old 09-28-2002, 12:20 PM

I'm 13, using my brothers account, and I know I'm not the smartest person in here, but I am a Christian and I do believe in God. Some of you try to bring up science, and other things when it cant really be used when you're talking about religion. Some of you have grown to think that there is an answer for everything, but in reality there's not. Even though I havn't read all of the posts, ive seen that Christianity is on the defensive side, while other religions, such as Buddhism, is the attacker. Why is this? Are you insecure about your religion or something? Please tell me, because I really want to know. This topic has strayed about from its original purpous, and was meant to simply talk about the march.

Phis2k:Oh boy, here's another man who thinks that the abscence of religion tears down a society. Listen here, every generation scorns the next. There will always be "the good times" and people will not like the times because people are afraid of the rapid change of society. Think about it, the past generations hated dances like "The twist", people like Elvis Presley, Hippies, Rock n Roll, etc. It is just a continuum.

There is no proof that violence has grown, and respect and patriotism have nothing whatsoever with religion. You make it seem that people can't make their own decisions and need to have a book to tell them what to do.

Have you no respect at all? Think about what you say beforehand, because religion is a strong subject, and it's very easily to offend someone. I feel that the absence of religion really does tear down society, because if everyone followed at least some of the ways of God, there wouldnt be so much violence, for he teaches us to care for one another. God knows that we arent perfect, and we all sin, but the devil influences people so much, especially nowadays, so we need guidlines in order to inform us about satan, and how we can be better people. I also remember someone speaking of how God supposedly "punishes" his children by letting them suffer for eternity. Explain to me how God himself punishes them? It's just how my teacher says "when kids get a bad grade on their report card they go around and tell their friends, "Man that teacher gave me an F", but in reality its the students fault for not doing their job." Its basically the same thing...that person chooses to sin alot, and doesnt really care if he's good or not so he gets punished. They say "all lifes questions are answered after death" so why dont some of you take your semi-harsh views, and try to open up. Just stick with what you believe in, and dont put down other religions, because we'll all find out in the end.

.....i never thought i would talk about these kind of things on a car forum

(edited to spell "dont" correctly)
Old 09-28-2002, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cape Cod
[B]Hey Brits.