Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Timothy McVeigh

Old 05-30-2001, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As Timothy McVeigh is contemplating battling his upcoming date with the executioner, I began thinking about the process. I believe that perhaps lethal injection is too good for Mr. McVeigh.

We've all seen the dramatic pictures of building demolitions by implosion. I think the government should find out where the next such implosion event will take place, transport Tim McVeigh there and let him sit in the building for a couple of days without food or water to contemplate his fate.

At the end of that time, one of the Oklahoma City bombing victim's family members should be chosen by lot and allowed to push the button that will drop the multi-story building on the killer. Only then would I truly agree that the punishment did indeed fit the crime.
Old 05-30-2001, 09:33 PM

He must be really isolated or under closed watch in jail otherwise someone would already smoke his a$$ in there!!!
Old 05-30-2001, 10:29 PM

Everyone is entitled to a fair trial with all information disclosed to both parties. The legal process is what keeps our society in check, good or bad it works far better than others.

Unfortunately Asian Americans historically did not receive the kind of leeway and breaks Timothy McVeigh is receiving:

1. Japanese American internment camps

2. the case of Tsien Hsue-shen (read: Thread of the Silkworm for details), a distinguished Chinese American scientist whose civil rights were grossly violated. as a direct result, 100% of the NUCLEAR missiles pointed at us, US AMERICANS! Are direct consequences of that violation.

3. The case of Wen-Ho Lee ( http://www.wenholee.org/whathappened.htm ). Another sad chapter the Asian Americans have to go through. Why wasn't the former CIA director, who violated even worse security rules, let go with a slap on the wrist?

If we were all treated with the same kind of legal protection and options, you and I wouldn't have to worry about the freakin' red china pointing those missiles at major US cities where my family and friends are.

So, I have to say that Timothy McVeigh deserves to die for what he's been prosecuted for, but I want him to have all the legal options not offered or readily available to many of those who came before us.
Old 05-30-2001, 10:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the US is not a place where eye-for-an-eye policies are enforced, and I would hope that they stay that way. he's tried to bypass all appeals and just die as he's been sentenced to. and he should be offered any legal options that you or I would be offered or want to be offered if we were in a situation like, similar, or even far from his. when we are battling tickets - our menial crimes to fund municipalities, we feel unfairly treated, yet its a slap on the wrist. so in other words, what I'm saying is, let the legal options be provided, and hopefully one day it will trickle down to providing a more just way of treating individuals like you or I.
Old 05-30-2001, 10:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I'm concerned, Mr. McVeigh isn't good enough for lethal injection. That's too painless. In this case, his request for the death penalty needs to be waived and he needs to suffer his every last waking breath on earth. The death penalty is far too kind for evil like this...
Old 05-30-2001, 11:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gregstevens
[B]As far as I'm concerned, Mr. McVeigh isn't good enough for lethal injection.
Old 05-31-2001, 03:48 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why the fuss? Why doesn't someone take a .45, place the business end on his temple and pull the trigger? Same result but quicker, cheaper and just as humane (no pain).
Old 05-31-2001, 05:08 AM

Death penalty, gat to the head, whatever...it's all to good and to quick.

This case has made me re-think my stance on the death penalty. I don't think he should get death. What's worse? being put to sleep slowly by drugs in a peaceful way, or being locked in a room for 50+ years? Let him rot away in a jail cell.

Death is quick, and just in my opinion, but it is no punishment.
Old 05-31-2001, 05:18 AM

Originally posted by nvmys2k
He must be really isolated or under closed watch in jail otherwise someone would already smoke his a$$ in there!!!
He is in maximum security and only gets to come out of his "home" less than an hour a day. He also has no contact with anyone.

Lance
Old 05-31-2001, 05:22 AM

Originally posted by mingster
So, I have to say that Timothy McVeigh deserves to die for what he's been prosecuted for, but I want him to have all the legal options not offered or readily available to many of those who came before us.
While I agree Mingster, he has admitted his guilt. The legal system is to punish the guilty ones. He was convicted and admitted his guilt. Let him die.

Lance

Quick Reply: Timothy McVeigh