Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Timothy McVeigh

Old 05-31-2001, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by cthree:
Why the fuss? Why doesn't someone take a .45, place the business end on his temple and pull the trigger? Same result but quicker, cheaper and just as humane (no pain).
An execution method preferred by those wonderful folks who brought us the Soviet Union.

If it makes anyone feel better, we could give McVeigh hookers, booze and pizza for a couple of days before we drop the building on him. My whole point was that the punishment should fit the crime.

Mingster, while I sympathize with the plight of all minorities (Hell, I'm a W.A.S.P.*), the subject was Timothy McVeigh.

*W.hite A.nglo-S.axon P.rotestant, itself fastly becoming a much maligned minority.
Old 05-31-2001, 07:04 AM

Why not just a stick of dynomite up his ass and m80s strapped to his body?
Old 05-31-2001, 07:16 AM

Originally posted by lvs2k
Originally posted by cthree:
Why the fuss? Why doesn't someone take a .45, place the business end on his temple and pull the trigger? Same result but quicker, cheaper and just as humane (no pain).
An execution method preferred by those wonderful folks who brought us the Soviet Union.

If it makes anyone feel better, we could give McVeigh hookers, booze and pizza for a couple of days before we drop the building on him. My whole point was that the punishment should fit the crime.

Mingster, while I sympathize with the plight of all minorities (Hell, I'm a W.A.S.P.*), the subject was Timothy McVeigh.

*W.hite A.nglo-S.axon P.rotestant, itself fastly becoming a much maligned minority.
Indeed, I'm taking a law class right now and doing some research on the constitutionality of some of the older cases I mentioned and wanted to vent a bit.
Another classmate of mine who's from one of the African countries was telling me about the pre-civil rights movement cases down south he's researching (shudders).

T.M. is a dead man, one way or another.

However, I do believe Buddha once said: Let death not be the end of his deeds, for we should be compassionate and let him repent for his deeds. And when he realizes that the calm shore is always right behind him, he shall turn around and reach nirvana.
Old 05-31-2001, 07:38 AM

If we really want the punishment to fit the crime, why not drop him off in Oklahoma City and let the residents take care of him.

Lance
Old 05-31-2001, 08:03 AM

Funny game :
in the following list of countries, pick the ones that are generally considered as being democratic and develloped :

AFGHANISTAN, ALGERIA, ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA, ARMENIA, BAHAMAS, BAHRAIN, BANGLADESH, BARBADOS, BELARUS, BELIZE, BENIN, BOTSWANA, BURUNDI, CAMEROON, CHAD, CHILE, CHINA, COMOROS, CONGO (Democratic Republic), CUBA, DOMINICA, EGYPT, EQUATORIAL GUINEA, ERITREA, ETHIOPIA, GABON, GHANA, GUATEMALA, GUINEA, GUYANA, INDIA, INDONESIA, IRAN, IRAQ, JAMAICA, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKSTAN, KENYA, KUWAIT, KYRGYZSTAN, LAOS, LEBANON, LESOTHO, LIBERIA, LIBYA, MALAWI, MALAYSIA, MAURITANIA, MONGOLIA, MOROCCO, MYANMAR, NIGERIA, NORTH KOREA, OMAN, PAKISTAN, PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY, PHILIPPINES, QATAR, RUSSIAN FEDERATION, RWANDA, SAINT CHRISTOPHER & NEVIS, SAINT LUCIA, SAINT VINCENT & GRENADINES, SAUDI ARABIA, SIERRA LEONE, SINGAPORE, SOMALIA, SOUTH KOREA, SUDAN, SWAZILAND, SYRIA, TAIWAN, TAJIKISTAN, TANZANIA, THAILAND, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, TUNISIA, UGANDA, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, UZBEKISTAN, VIET NAM, YEMEN, YUGOSLAVIA (Federal Republic), ZAMBIA, ZIMBABWE

That's right, you'll find 2 of them, maybe 3.

China, the Democratic Republic of Congo, the United States and Iran are the most prolific executioners in the world. Indeed, the US is one of six countries (including also Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Yemen) which executes people who were under 18 years-old at the time they committed their crimes.
Old 05-31-2001, 08:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by le car
[B]China, the Democratic Republic of Congo, the United States and Iran are the most prolific executioners in the world. Indeed, the US is one of six countries (including also Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Yemen) which executes people who were under 18 years-old at the time they committed their crimes.
Old 05-31-2001, 09:02 AM

I like what Jesse Ventura said about this: If the guy wants to die, give him the means to do it himself.
Old 05-31-2001, 09:19 AM

Torture is much more effective punishment than death. it sits with you long after it is physically over.
Old 05-31-2001, 09:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by le car
[B]Funny game :
Old 05-31-2001, 09:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a death penalty supporter; however, I think the death penalty as we know it seems like too easy a way out for people like Timothy McVeigh. He gets to spread his hate message and then check out without feeling an ounce of the suffering he inflicted?

Think about that kid who was caned in Singapore (I think that's where it was?)... I think that kid will think twice about going to Singapore and keying another car, don't you? Perhaps that's what is wrong with the U.S.; not enough fear of the consequences because the consequences are too light!

Make the punishment fit the crime, and in Timothy McVeigh's case, I'm not sure that some kind of public drawing and quartering, right there in Oklahoma City, wouldn't be appropriate. I wouldn't think that to be cruel and unusual at all in light of the fact of what he did, intentionally.

Quick Reply: Timothy McVeigh