Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Towing damages .....

Old 11-13-2001, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towing damages .....

My friend's IS300 got towed 2 days ago. He got the car back, and the E-brake is loose, so we are thinking the car was not on a flat bed and was hooked on the front to the tow lot.

I dont think the tow truck driver knew the car is rear wheel drive. Is it possible for him to claim any damage reimbursements from the towing company?
Old 11-13-2001, 09:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why was it towed? also if there are any damages to the car then they need to be filed VERY QUICKLY - within only a few days actually. If the tow truck picked up the car by the front while the e-brake was engaged and dragged the car, there'd also be excessive flat spotting in the rear tires until the e-brake broke loose, right? have you tried adjusting it? take it to the dealserhip and get a quick evaluation for damage.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:52 AM

There was another car in front of his car, so I am wondering how did they get it out and hooked the front up to the truck. We called and asked how do they tow trucks tow the cars, they use a dolly?! or something to get the rear wheels off the ground.

I told him to bring it to his dealership to check for damages. Thanks for the tips.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so basically its lifted up on these small jacks, they slide em under the wheels and hit a lever and up your car goes. then they push the car, and roll it out. they aren't ideal for road travel, but small distances, as in feet, they work. that's the most I know about that.
Old 11-13-2001, 10:14 AM

geez that sucks....if the damages are extensive and expensive i would contact a lawyer and find out what your rights are....the towing company will never let you know you should sue them =)
Old 11-13-2001, 03:06 PM

Here's what I believe, you can always try to claim something that will have success in doing so. If not, it's more like a waste of effort to even begin trying. How are you going to prove that the tower caused the trouble rather the tower turning the situation around to their favor? Something to think about ...